Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 07-02-2023, 03:02 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1979 Pontiac Trans Am

Original paint, interior, drive train, starter alternator, starter, carburetor, distributor, radiator (Re-cored) and spare tire, jack, and bottle. All documentation from new. A (1) owner car from 1979 until August of 2022 when I bought it and brought it back to running condition.

With the poor pictures, video's and showing on Bring A Trailer, and the Knuckle Heads on Craig's list, I have now consigned my Trans Am to Northshore Classics in Mundelein Illinois for anyone interested. I know I sound like a broken record, but even though it's a Pontiac 301, the A/C blows cold, everything works as it should, has original paint, and it drives like a new car. Thanks for looking. $32,900.00 Bill

https://www.nsclassics.com/used-vehi...-miles-c-5516/
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Block Bill For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (07-02-2023)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 07-11-2023, 12:43 AM

Very nice car. I did not realize that was yours when I saw it on BAT. You are correct, they did a terrible job on the photos. Probably the same wedding photographer they sent to photograph my 99 SS. Lesson learned after that—hire my own professional photographer ($500 spent with Jeremy Cliff adds thousands to the sell price).

GLWS
Old 07-11-2023, 03:12 AM

Thank You Supreme Deluxe, it is good to hear I am not loosing my mind here. I am currently battling with "Steve" a manager @ Bring A Trailer to refund my monies including the $349.00 I paid their "Snapper" photographer and so far they offered me $99.00 and laid down like a dead fish on the Snapper money.

It is not the last that Bring A Trailer has heard form me. I have been involved in many a sale of Original Cars through Dana Mecum since 1993 and helped David Burroughs found the Bloomington Gold Benchmark and Survivor awards back in 1990 & 1991 so I know a thing or (2) about an original cars no matter what brand, model or options.

When you sell more cars Annually than ALL AUCTIONS combined WORLD WIDE I guess you can get away with about anything when t comes to selling cars. B.S. I call it

Last edited by Big Block Bill; 07-11-2023 at 06:46 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Block Bill For This Useful Post:
southernfriedcj (07-11-2023), Xplantdad (07-11-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Bill View Post
Thank You Supreme Deluxe, it is good to hear I am not loosing my mind here. I am currently battling with "Steve" a manager @ Bring A Trailer to refund my monies including the $349.00 I paid their "Snapper" photographer and so far they offered me $99.00 and laid down like a dead fish on the Snapper money.

It is not the last that Bring A Trailer has heard form me. I have been involved in many a sale of Original Cars through Dana Mecum since 1993 and helped David Burroughs found the Bloomington Gold Benchmark and Survivor awards back in 1990 & 1991 so I know a thing or (2) about an original cars no matter what brand, model or options.

When you sell more cars Annually than ALL AUCTIONS combined WORLD WIDE I guess you can get away with about anything when t comes to selling cars. B.S. I call it
I've sold 4 and bought 5 cars on BaT. All transactions worked-out well. Their mode of communication is unusual. I complained about the Snappr photos on my 99 before it was listed, and they agreed they were not good. I wanted them redone by someone else. Instead, they edited them and I decided to accept that solution as it was a $25K car and I ultimately felt they were adequate.

I have heard first-hand poor experiences from others. For me, it has been vastly positive. In fact, they got involved with a reluctant buyer on one of my Corvettes and held his feet to the fire to follow-through on his winning bid.

I have been on there since the beginning, before the auctions. It's quirky. I gave up early on writing my own descriptions, since they won't allow it, so I write my own narrative in my first post in the thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SupremeDeluxe For This Useful Post:
Big Block Bill (07-12-2023), napa68 (07-12-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 12:32 AM

Default 1979 Pontiac Trans Am

This is what "Steve" replied with this morning:

Hi Bill,

I'm sorry that you feel we didn't meet your expectations. Again, from our perspective, we have done what we could to best advertise the car for you. If you would like to try BaT again in the future, we are here and happy to help.

Best,

Steve
Auction Manager
BaT

Well, Isn't That Special! Bill
Old 07-12-2023, 12:36 AM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,151 Times in 916 Posts

I have not used their photo service, mostly due to the fact they won't send anyone up here to the arctic circle. Are the proofs from the shoot offered up before you sign off on the auction?
Old 07-12-2023, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napa68 View Post
I have not used their photo service, mostly due to the fact they won't send anyone up here to the arctic circle. Are the proofs from the shoot offered up before you sign off on the auction?
Tim,

The two times I used their photographer, they sent me the pics to review before listing.

I used a local pro car photographer to do the 63 Corvette and the Porsche 356. He charges about 2x what the BAT guys do, but is exponentially better: https://www.jeremycliff.com/ He also uploads it all to a share site where BAT downloads them and arranges them for the listing.

-Nick
The Following User Says Thank You to SupremeDeluxe For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (07-12-2023)