Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-16-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
Now that's more like it.

Ken, I'm not on facebook, but hear there something about a SC/Rambler??? Can you elaborate.
We built the car for SCR20, we got rained out.. and MCACN .. After some dialing in she ran 8.50s

https://www.yenko.net/forum/attachmen...1&d=1516117116

https://www.yenko.net/forum/attachmen...1&d=1516117090

https://www.yenko.net/forum/attachmen...1&d=1516117090
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to KenMaisano For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 02:48 PM

That looks fun. Nice job.
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)
Old 01-16-2018, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,171 Times in 1,338 Posts

Quote:
I appoligies if I came off pissy or anything. Just didn't think the thread went the way ZEDDER intended it too with the replies.
Perhaps you interpreted it differently, but his initial question was this:
Just curious...those who have muscle cars in the $75k - $100k value range...how many miles do you drive them per year?

I think the responses were spot on. Oh congrats on the upcoming birth of your son. Hopefully he will have the same musclecar interest as you....

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 01-16-2018, 03:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks guys and EZnova for clarifying. He is exactly right about the intent of my post. As i’ve Gotten older, i’ve Tried to have toys that I would drive, but in reality, I really don’t drive them much and wondered if others did the same. After reading the replies here, it sounds like even the driver quality cars don’t get driven much. Sure, there are some places like AZ where the cruise night cars are amazing...but I just haven’t seen those types of cars at our local cruise nights for many years. I remember meeting up with a buddy in 2000 at the Milton cruise. We both had 67 Z’s and there were 2 LS6 Chevelles and 3 COPOs parked beside us. Those were great cruise nights!

1996 Carrera & 1993 Fat Boy

Last edited by Zedder; 01-16-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:00 PM

I usally don't even bother with most of the local cruise nites or car shows anymore. I most times just take a short cruise to a buddies garage to hang out, go fill the gas tank or get a case of beer or whatever. But almost every drive ends with a burnout & a hi winding blast thru the gears on the final straight away before my development. Then park it and cover it up till the next time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrumpyJeff For This Useful Post:
MosportGreen66 (01-16-2018), NorCam (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyJeff View Post
I usally don't even bother with most of the local cruise nites or car shows anymore. I most times just take a short cruise to a buddies garage to hang out, go fill the gas tank or get a case of beer or whatever. But almost every drive ends with a burnout & a hi winding blast thru the gears on the final straight away before my development. Then park it and cover it up till the next time
Sounds perfect to me Jeff. Dave and I are in the same boat. We don't love the local cruise nights but we do love driving the cars! On a nice weekend we'll use the off hour approach to enjoy them.

We call our cars rolling therapy...

Dan
Old 01-16-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyJeff View Post

Same with me too. All the local shows are run by clubs who pick the same cars over and over.. Its a joke. Every 2009 Challenger with 10,000 doo dads and chrome crap on it.. Wins all the local shows.

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,171 Times in 1,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosportGreen66 View Post
Sounds perfect to me Jeff. Dave and I are in the same boat. We don't love the local cruise nights but we do love driving the cars! On a nice weekend we'll use the off hour approach to enjoy them.

We call our cars rolling therapy...

Dan
Well perhaps I should clarify my local cruise nights. Thurdays in the summer I go downtown (5 miles) and there's a small gathering of cars on the riverfront 50-75 cars. I spend 5-10 minutes near the car and head to one of 7 restaurants for refreshments and a nice dinner with friends. I don't spend too much time at my car, but usually place a story board to answer questions.

Friday is another cruise night. There you have a band, beach, bar and snack bar. I head there one or two Fridays a month.

I've been president of an AACA region for the past 9 years and we have a lot of car related events to attend (wife permitting)

There still something very special about taking these dinosaurs through the gears and I'll never give that up! The tactile feedback provided by these cars can't be duplicated!!

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
NorCam (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 05:44 PM

I find it funny that there were only 20,202 69 z's made, but it seems like a million. There everywhere you look?
Old 01-16-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but 99% of the replies are NOT what the OP asked! WHO DRIVES THERE 100K car (blue chip investment style cars) and how many miles per year. AND he's Canadian, so up here we would be driving 130K cars? LOL Sorry I think ZEDDER ment cars worth more the your typical '69 Z28's L-78 Chevelle Camaro Nova, Mach 1 Mustangs, 340 Mopar etc.

So something like LS-6 rag's, Hemi 'Cuda, Boss 429's, REAL Yenko SC cars ect. At this time in my life, my "expensive" car is my '66 Nova SS racecar. The $$$ I have in it, could have bought me a nice COPO '69 Camaro. My '69 Nova streetcar would be like he sees around, a 40K+ driving car. BUT this is also the reason I bought and built my '61 Pontiac as a driver as it's valued by Haggerty for 28K CANADIAN.

Being 52 next month, and expecting our first child (boy) the following month, I will get out of the race stuff in the not too distant future. Then the plan is to buy a keep a Blue Chip car, a playful fast OEM looking driver "Saturday Night Special" 8 second car, like my '69 Nova, and a driver style 50K car the whole family can enjoy and take on weekend trips and almost a regular daily driver.

So unless I get something like a LS-6 with 2500 miles on it, or some other extremely low mileage car, no matter what it is, I will drive it about a 1000 miles a year.
Oops! Sorry for my post. I didn't realize that I wasn't in the exclusive group. I know better now.