Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-28-2002, 11:24 PM

Default Re: 1969 Camaro copo on ebay

Sounds unusual to me. Why would a key factor like the original owner with some famous history to the car be kept a secret. Is he trying to drive the price down???
Old 01-28-2002, 11:26 PM

I too spoke to Bill on the phone. He told me pretty much the same story he told wacky...he also said he had a zl1...i think he said number 56 or 59 i forget which.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:29 PM

Supercars, He also said the original owner wanted to buy the car back but didn't have the money....Doesn't sound like the original owner would be willing to help or share any info with the next owner...just my gut impression
Old 01-28-2002, 11:51 PM

Hmm...the top bidders are at $20,000 one day after it was listed and have (0) and (0) feedback. When you think about it, sure would be a good way to get your item bid up; by having a couple buddies who know what the reserve is bid away on it.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:40 AM

This car was shipped to dealer # 32613 on 4-29-69. anyone know which dealer this applies to ?

Old 01-29-2002, 04:23 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

That's the dealer code for Scuncio.
Is that info from the NICB?

It would be confirm the car if he posted the drivetrain #'s.

Warren,
Do you know of this car?

Kurt S
Old 01-29-2002, 05:37 AM

Deb was a well known Speed Shop/Engine builder in NE around that time. I recall a famous '69 Camaro that had DEB in large letters on it. Car had tons of magazine coverage and was in lots of speed equipment ads. It was always in the New York based publications i.e. Hot Cars, Rodder and Super Stock etc.
If it is the same car it has lots of pedigree.Didn't the Scunio sponsored '69 that was in all their ads have DEB on it??

FYI Another '69 Camaro was sponsored by Debs was a small block Z-28 and called the "Ridgerunner" and had the 1st tunnel ram setup made on a production line called applicply the "Ridgerunner"

[Edited by whitetop (01-28-2002 at 12:37 PM).]
Old 01-29-2002, 06:16 AM

Kurt,
I have never used NICB for info, how does it work?
Old 01-29-2002, 02:08 PM

I looked at this car last night, it appears to be legitimate. The rearend is totally covered in oil, which has been there forever. I cleaned off the area where the code was, and it is so clean you would think it was a new tube. Anyway it read as follows: BE 0417. I would say the rearend housing was the best part of the whole car.
I will try to summarizethe rest of the car. It had a short rear spoiler, missing one trunk spring, RS taillights. It had two holes that were filled, on the tailpanel, next to the drivers taillight. Must have been for a dealer emblem. Tweaked rear bumper. The rear wheelhousings were opened up for larger tires, so at the front and back there was no lip on the quarter, or inner wheelhousing. You can put your fingers between the two panels were they are separated.
The roof has all sorts of dents. Pretty good size cracks at the top of windshield pillar, on both sides, where it meets the roof. Rot rust at base of windshield inside of car.
Speedo is a 120, 6-7 tach, console gauges, shifter tunnel hogged out slightly, of course the wrong seats as seen in the ebay picture.
Curved neck radiator was dated March. Had the hole above fuse box, with some of the original hood harness intact. Throttle lever was for ducted hood. Had the Muncie hole in firewall, for speedo cable. Cable was still there. Wrong engine block, but it is suppose to have the original top end. The heads were "840" dated A.2.9, A.8.9
Couldn't get at the tranny to see if original. Had some round header mufflers in the way. The foorpan had a driveshaft strap bolted to it. The driveshaft also had offset trunnions.
Bill would have let me look at the tranny except he had no floor jack. I left my jacket at his house, so I guess I'll throw a jack, and some stands in my trunk for my next trip over there.
The car looks like someone left it outside for twenty years. The back window looks like it could be getting rot rust under the moulding in the corner. For the most part a solid car, just not pretty to look at. Paint code is 67-67.
This guy Bill, definitely is not hurting for money, so I don't think you will see any fire sale soon.
I will update you guys on the tranny info. Warren

Old 01-29-2002, 06:34 PM

Too bad on the roof, that's a pain to fix.
Is the short spoiler original? Real late if so.
Original distributor? That would help show that its the original top end of the engine.