Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 07-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,622 Times in 497 Posts
Default Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

Here is a picture of the 70 L78 TH400 delivered to Krise Motor Co....from the Nova Times magazine.

**sorry, can't get it to fit the other way

02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 PM

I just received my NCRS shipping docs and does anyone know what dealer is code 562 in zone 33 translates to? I hope Pete or someone can help me out because that is all I received with my report.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:25 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wheelhop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my shipping data report back in a little over 2 weeks.

Turns out my post car was built on 6-19-69 (same day a Kurt Burdick's post car).

Original delivery dealer code was 342 in zone 3.

Dealer is believed to be Harris Chevrolet - Olds, Inc. based in
Hannibal, MO.

Anyone have any information, dealer tag, memorabilia on this dealer? </div></div>

This is a perfect example of the records that SS69Chevelle (Andy) has kept. He has an ongoing spreadsheet with many 1969 trim tags.

No one really knew what the five numbers meant after the month and week on the trim tags. His due diligence has paid off as it appears this system his pretty much spot on.....at least for 1969 cars.

wheelhop (Jim Hanke's) trim tag is 06C 01353 (153rd car on a Wednesday) and mine is 06C 03733 (373rd car on a Wednesday). Both are documented as being delivered Thursday, June 19,1969, the exact same day.

Which leads us to believe that they both were built on Wednesday the 18th then sent for delivery on the Thursday 19th.

Below is a picture of mine Jim's trim tag.

And again, thanks to NCRS for helping us document our cars.

Kurt

1969 SS396 Post Sedan Delivered to Van-T Topeka KS
MCACN Day2 Concourse Gold Award

1968 Schwinn Orange Krate Original Paint
1970 Schwinn 3-Speed Deluxe Original Paint
Old 07-13-2014, 11:49 PM

Thanked 1,513 Times in 726 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69 Post Sedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Both are documented as being delivered Thursday, June 19,1969 </div></div>

My 18th birthday! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

I have not ordered a NCRS report for my car, but have this to offer in regards to this very interesting information. I have 2 Body Broadcast sheets for my car, which show the production date as 1/9/69.....that was a Thursday. My Trim Tag number right after the '01B' date is 03293. If your theory is correct, Kurt, that would indicate the 329th car built on Wednesday. Not sure if this throws a monkey wrench into things or not. Perhaps the body was built in the Fisher Body section of the plant on Wednesday, and it went down the final assembly line on Thursday? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
Old 07-14-2014, 12:03 AM

Very cool Bill.

Yes, that does mix the theory up a little but I would like to see what the NCRS report says.

Kurt

1969 SS396 Post Sedan Delivered to Van-T Topeka KS
MCACN Day2 Concourse Gold Award

1968 Schwinn Orange Krate Original Paint
1970 Schwinn 3-Speed Deluxe Original Paint
Old 07-15-2014, 05:06 PM

Well...here is a new twist to the NCRS program [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif[/img]

Turns out the report I got for the 1970 Nova lists the correct dealer code and zone...but, the wrong dealer name [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] I just learned about this with some help from a fellow SYC member. The original dealer was...

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Zone Dealer Number Dealer Name Address City State Zipcode Source Year Active Notes
Change Dealer Details 12 380 LAKS CHEVROLET CORP. Unknown BLASDELL New York 14219 1978 Unknown Info Provided by AAA Window Stickers- Bill Petriko </span>

So, I looked them up online and Laks is still in business, but not with Chevy. I spoke to their Honda store and left a message for Mr. Laks. The receptionist I spoke with [20 years there] said they haven't had Chevy for at least that long...I also plan to send Mr. Laks a letter regarding this...we will see what happens.

Now, who do I contact at NCRS to get the documents revised with the correct info?? and has anyone else has a similar experience?? Laks is in Buffalo, I bought he car from the Buffalo area..the trunk has stickers from a local speed shop in that area...this all adds up.

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 07-15-2014, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well...here is a new twist to the NCRS program [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif[/img]

Turns out the report I got for the 1970 Nova lists the correct dealer code and zone...but, the wrong dealer name [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] I just learned about this with some help from a fellow SYC member. The original dealer was...

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Zone Dealer Number Dealer Name Address City State Zipcode Source Year Active Notes
Change Dealer Details 12 380 LAKS CHEVROLET CORP. Unknown BLASDELL New York 14219 1978 Unknown Info Provided by AAA Window Stickers- Bill Petriko </span>

So, I looked them up online and Laks is still in business, but not with Chevy. I spoke to their Honda store and left a message for Mr. Laks. The receptionist I spoke with [20 years there] said they haven't had Chevy for at least that long...I also plan to send Mr. Laks a letter regarding this...we will see what happens.

Now, who do I contact at NCRS to get the documents revised with the correct info?? and has anyone else has a similar experience?? Laks is in Buffalo, I bought he car from the Buffalo area..the trunk has stickers from a local speed shop in that area...this all adds up.

wilma
</div></div>

I had the same issue on my report. It stated the orig dealer Max Meyers Motors in IN, when it was McManus Chevrolet in Ill. At the time I contacted Roy and he corrected his records and sent me an updated shipping assembly records document. I emailed him a copy of a window sticker with the identical zone and dealer # in that time period with the dealer as McManus.

Ironically, the original owner of my black 69 RS/Z lived at 4232 South Park in Blasdell, but purchased the car at Dave Hallman Chev, in Hamburg, NY.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 07-15-2014, 06:05 PM

I sent NCRS an email explaining the problem...more to follow.

wilma [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 07-15-2014, 06:28 PM

I'm currently waiting for a reply from NCRS about correcting a typo. Originally I emailed Roy and he confirmed it was a simple typo. My 1971 Camaro was listed with a 1970 production date. 10 days later I had to submit a ticket on their (chevymuscledocs) website. Someone promptly responded and confirmed it was a typo and that a corrected letter would be mailed out in a couple of weeks. It's been a month now and no letter. They have not responded to my follow up via the help desk. Mike
Old 07-15-2014, 06:38 PM

Service after the sale is the most important part of any transaction...hopefully they will get on board and make things right.

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro