Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Dick Harrell

Old 09-02-2009, 02:07 AM

Default Re: RogerD's 1969 Dick Harrell Chevelle

About $12.00 and pocket change so far. Looks like I'm caught between two warring factions here - hope I can make it through with stepping on a mine or falling into a bottomless pit . . .

I'm one of those 'show me' Missouri boys so I like to have an agreement in writing regarding 'fees'.
I'm also not one willing to pay for 'blue sky' so won't be spending any $$ in that manner.
I appreciate your comments and take due note - THANKS!

I'm willing to share what little information I have - nothing asked and nothing expected in return.
Just keep me pointed in the right direction - I'm just a novice (at best) at this stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYc View Post
And how much did that cost you?
. . . Now, quite worring about what others think and get busy restoring the car for you and your family to enjoy.

Last edited by RogerD; 07-03-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Man I tell you, you can just see the inner orange wanting to come out on that car...It will be something once again. All these theories passing around this car amaze me. Every DH car we have ever worked on other than some simple emblem changes to 427, nothing was done to conceal its original identity. In other words, the SS cars were never made to look like non-SS cars. And the COPO cars were left as such, not made into SS cars. We have restored BOTH versions The idea that some think this car was an SS changed to a Malibu is simply wrong. SS hood and 14X7 rallye wheels SS body trim NOT Malibu and Malibu interior trim, all add up to COPO..BKH
The Following User Says Thank You to bkhpah For This Useful Post:
RogerD (01-12-2018)
Old 09-02-2009, 03:04 PM

You are absolutely right, the Orange is just busting out at the seams along with the black hood stripes.
Just can't wait until it is properly dressed once more!
It turned heads in the day and it will again - eye popping Hugger (Monaco) Orange - can't wait, can't wait, can't wait . . .

Last edited by RogerD; 03-12-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are absolutely right, the Orange is just busting out at the seams along with the black hood stripes. Just can't wait until it is properly dressed once more! It turned heads in the day and it will again - eye popping Hugger (Monaco) Orange - can't wait, can't wait, can't wait . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

"Git r dun" and come stretch her legs a little at the next SCR.
RogerD (01-12-2018)
Old 09-02-2009, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm willing to share what little information I have - nothing asked and nothing expected in return. Just keep me pointed in the right direction - I'm just a novice (at best) at this stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're on the right side of the fence HERE Roger. Welcome home.
RogerD (01-12-2018)
Old 09-03-2009, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man I tell you, you can just see the inner orange wanting to come out on that car...It will be something once again. All these theories passing around this car amaze me. Every DH car we have ever worked on other than some simple emblem changes to 427, nothing was done to conceal its original identity. In other words, the SS cars were never made to look like non-SS cars. And the COPO cars were left as such, not made into SS cars. We have restored BOTH versions The idea that some think this car was an SS changed to a Malibu is simply wrong. SS hood and 14X7 rallye wheels SS body trim NOT Malibu and Malibu interior trim, all add up to COPO..BKH

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! Exactly what I've been saying all along. Hard to believe there are still people trying to rain on this guy's parade. (well, maybe not TOO hard to believe..) I can't wait to see this one restored and at SCR... I'd say this is one of the biggest finds of the year. Congrats Roger!

The Following User Says Thank You to camarojoe For This Useful Post:
RogerD (01-12-2018)
Old 09-03-2009, 04:28 AM

No holes present (where an SS fender emblem would have been) - hood lock's were installed on via Harrell's shop . . .
Attached Images

Last edited by RogerD; 10-26-2020 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:05 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 5,961 Times in 2,907 Posts

Cool, keep the pics coming! Looks like someone installed an A/C dash cluster at some point.
The Following User Says Thank You to scuncio For This Useful Post:
RogerD (01-12-2018)
Old 09-03-2009, 07:09 AM

Could be - wasn't an A/C car - heater box was and still is a non A/C box . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuncio View Post
Cool, keep the pics coming! Looks like someone installed an A/C dash cluster at some point.

Last edited by RogerD; 03-21-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:15 AM

I pulled the heater cover on the engine firewall side to determine if the VIN numbers were stamped there and found the last 8 digits of VIN were there indeed, upside down as expected!

Regarding updates (from the DHPC site) - for the most part, I'm on my own now . . .
My sincere THANKS to Valerie for her efforts to find details on my 69 Dick Harrell Chevelle. If only I could turn back the clock about 40 years to have snapped a few pictures and perhaps press Mr. Fieden for a few copies of the related documents that day at Bill Allen Chevrolet . . .

Most of the details are etched into my memory so the restoration process will not be exceedingly difficult. Fortunately, period components are readily available to replace those missing components (engine, transmission, rear end, seats) that were removed so many years ago. It won't be possible to do a matching numbers restoration but restoration with the same function, fit and form components is a 'can do' . . .

Valerie, at your convenience may I kindly ask that you return the notarized documents loaned at your request to DHPC, please?

Quote:
VIA DHPC Site:
Hello Roger!

We have searched the Dick Harrell Performance Center files and are unable to come up with any Dick Harrell Performance Center (DHPC) or GM documentation regarding your specific vehicle. This does not mean, however, that your car did not receive some sort of attention at the DHPC since our files are not 100% complete. It appears that you have a very unique Chevelle and you also have an impressive amount of documentation. As in most cases, the ultimate document to find is the GM shipping invoice that went to the dealer that lists all of the options. I regret that we are unable to provide any more information regarding your vehicle. If, in the future, we are able to find anything we will be glad to share it with you. You are to be congratulated on your perseverance and dedication in locating and documenting the car. Good luck with your restoration….

Valerie Harrell
Attached Images

Last edited by RogerD; 10-26-2020 at 09:00 PM.