Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Pontiac

Old 11-27-2013, 01:05 AM

Thanked 5,358 Times in 1,881 Posts
Default Re: The New, Newer Project Part Tres...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since they're birds, I think it would be a flock of SDs [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] </div></div>

That works, too! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2013, 02:41 AM

Steve, that red 73 TA on the cover is my neighbor's car. He is the original owner and of course still owns it. Small world
Old 02-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

I haven't really done anything to the SD since I got back from MCACN. I've been working on the truck and getting that all set. Truck is all done now and running nicely.

Back to the Firebird. I need to get rid of four worm-style, fuel hose clamps that were put on the lines to the fuel pump by the second owner. I need two original red and two green spring-style hose clamps. Anybody have any spares in their tool box?
Old 02-20-2014, 11:58 AM

I just found this on youtube - a brief video of my car at MCACN from November:

MCACN video 73 SD Formula
Old 02-20-2014, 01:34 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't really done anything to the SD since I got back from MCACN. I've been working on the truck and getting that all set. Truck is all done now and running nicely.

Back to the Firebird. I need to get rid of four worm-style, fuel hose clamps that were put on the lines to the fuel pump by the second owner. I need two original red and two green spring-style hose clamps. Anybody have any spares in their tool box? </div></div>

I know Firebird Central has them but I don't think they're NOS.....
Old 02-21-2014, 11:49 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't really done anything to the SD since I got back from MCACN. I've been working on the truck and getting that all set. Truck is all done now and running nicely.

Back to the Firebird. I need to get rid of four worm-style, fuel hose clamps that were put on the lines to the fuel pump by the second owner. I need two original red and two green spring-style hose clamps. Anybody have any spares in their tool box? </div></div>

Don't buy the reproductions; they have rounded edges instead of flat, like the originals. I looked for some for my car; took a while to find nice NOS ones. If you can't find NOS, you can always blast some crusty originals and mix up some paint to match.

BTW, my car was at MCACN, too - the Pepper Green/black guts 70 RAIV GTO with M21/4.33/dog dishes/bench/manual drums/manual steer, etc. Would have been nice to meet you in person, but I couldn't get away from work.

Anyway, gorgeous car and great thread. Just read all of it from start to finish.

Thanks

Scott
Old 02-21-2014, 12:04 PM

Bulletpruf, I did see your car at MCACN - that's one awesome piece of machinery!

I know about the rounded edge repro clamps and have avoided them for that very reason. I need some original sharp edged, &quot;wrist slasher&quot; clamps. (If you have ever cut open your hand working around these clamps under a car, you'll know exactly what I am referring to). [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

I would prefer used clamps since it will match the patina of the rest of the clamps on the car. So if anyone has a random green 3/8 or red 5/16 clamp, I'd love to give them a new home.
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2014, 02:07 PM

I thought the red were 1/4 and yellow was 5/16?? I can get my hands on some. 2 each of green and red right?
Old 02-21-2014, 03:51 PM

I may be wrong on the smaller color clamp but I believe the 3/8 is green. Hard to tell what the smaller vent line is or if it was one of those weird in between fuel lines sizes like 11/32?
Old 02-21-2014, 04:02 PM

I'm on the upper side of 90% sure that 3/8 is green, 5/16 is yellow and 1/4 is red...I guess is really doesn't matter though as you simply need 2 green and 2 red right?