Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2003, 04:54 AM

Default DEFINITION OF A SUPERCAR?

Ok guys, question of the day, when does a car go from being a musclecar to a supercar? Since I have been a member of this site a few things have occoured to me that make me go Hmmmmm..... First, I realize that this is site has origins of being a Chevrolet/Yenko/COPO site, yet I see all makes are being discussed, sometimes being referred to as "Spooky" or "Dark Side", yet they are discussed as we all must admit that all the major automakers made significant contributions to the wonderful history/heritage/culture of our high performance love and hobby. So, are the Supercars just Chevrolets? As in my last question of the day about fastest musclecars we more or less ruled out the fastest as being non production exempt "Specials" that all the automakers produced, so what catagory are those? Factory Drag Cars maybe? If so and we are left with the titled production models to deal with, at what point do the cars in question cross the line from Musclecar to Supercar? As this catagory is titled,"Supercar and Musclecar Discussion", someone here must have some idea as to the difference. Lets hear the opinions of all interested board members as to when a car goes from being a Muscle Car to a Super Car. Is it production numbers? Fastest times? Highest values? Most desireable? Maybe we should give this question to Andy Rooney.... Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]