Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 10-26-2003, 08:58 PM

Default Re: I feel left out..! I want a Jacket too?

Steve,
With a Motion jacket the sleeves could be made to look like sidepipes! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: YENKO Supercar Leather Jackets

Updated 10-27-03. Hopefuuly all info is correct. If not, please let one of us know.

Medium [M]
unnamed
Tom Clary
Belair62

Large [L]
SuperCars
CamaroJoe
Belair62
Rob Clary
MoTownMM
Mark Bulaw
Extra Large [XL]
unnamed
Charley Lillard
Unnamed [gift order from member's wife]
LVCamaro
Ron Wilhelm
Double Extra Large [2XL]
Moparts
Bill Wertheim
Old 10-27-2003, 11:18 PM

I would like a Motion Jacket with sidepipe sleeves!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 02:00 AM

Thanked 3,777 Times in 1,012 Posts

Payment Instructions for the Jackets ???
Old 10-28-2003, 03:53 AM

Charley,
I sent the cake for the entire order of 30 jackets to the manufacturer, George. I'll be meeting George this Monday to inspect the proto-jacket for quality and styling assurance that replicates the original limited run of 5 jackets in the 80's. Tom is going to get back to me tomorrow about whether to make the checks out to sYc, or what. I want to be absolutely sure that anyone/everyone that buys one gets the quality and styling that's advertised. In fact, if any sYc member is unhappy with the jacket or thinks it's not as represented...I'll buy it back. I want all the sYc members that buy one to be happy about the deal.

The short answer is Tom will post payment instructions on the forum next week, after my meeting with George.

SS
Old 10-28-2003, 02:19 PM

Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,158 Posts

Were there really only 5 of these Jackets made in the 80's?
I knew it was a limited amount,but 5!
Why were only 5 jackets made,were there legal issues involved,and if so are they applicable today?
Old 10-28-2003, 02:40 PM

Well, sorta. The Importer initially ordered 6. George made 1 proto for the importer to approve the styling and scheme. Upon approval, George made the other 5 [keeping the proto for anticipated/immediate future orders]. On a hand-shake, George then made/shipped the 5 production jackets. Yep, you guessed it...the $$$ never showed up. It turned out okay for George though, because soon after some other Importer saw one of the "Yenko" jackets and really liked the "jackets for car nuts idea". He ended up buying a couple thousand red-white-blue "Corvette" jackets. I got one of those Corvette jackets years ago [1991] when I bought one of the first Corvette ZR1's.

SS
Old 10-28-2003, 03:29 PM

Default Yenko leather jackets

Okay...Tom says it's okay to make the checks payable to "sYc". I definitely prefer to inspect the proto jacket first though, next Monday. Tom/Rob will need shipping info from buyers next week. For those going to VetteFest, Tom should be able to hand deliver some jackets at that event.

Only AFTER the quality inspection will Tom be requesting/accepting payment. I have every confidence in George's team, but I want to personally see/inspect the proto BEFORE money trades hands.

SS

Old 10-28-2003, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Yenko leather jackets

Post the address to send and when we should pull the trigger.I assume you want to approve the quality before we send the $$$
Old 11-15-2003, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Yenko leather jackets

It looks like I'll be able to get 3-4 jackets to Tom Clary in time to take to the VetteFest show for display. I had hoped to have the total order of 30 jackets done in time for that event, but I didn't like the "sample" jacket so I made him re-do the fonts. The "proof jacket" had a couple very slight "sYc" and "YENKO" logo discrepencies, and I insist that this new run of jackets be limited to 30 EXACT replicas to preserve the collectibility. The proof jacket was very nicely stitched and the colors were dead-on with an exacting scheme/layout match to the original 5 jackets made in the late 80's. The "re-do" will cause about a 10 day delay to the original schedule, so I expect to be mailing everyone's order no later that December 10th. I'll let Tom decide who gets the precious few that will make it in time for Vettefest. If the 10 day delay causes anyone to change their mind, just let me know and I'll cancel your order. The main concern was getting an EXACT match to the original run. Believe me, the jackets will be worth the 10 day delay...they're gorgeous and extremely soft/supple and the silk-like liner feels like a designer suit jacket.

SS