Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 08-23-2016, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Pet Insurance

Still in Limbo but ALL claims are negated since cancer treatments started. We will start the process of not agreeing with the insurance company next week as other problems arose and unfortunately took precedence.
As soon as you get a pet, either put monies away on a monthly basis in case something happens to the cutie, or get pet insurance right away as the insurance companies can go back on you for small problems which can occur, but the companies can go all the way back and say "pre-existing condition".
From what I've read when I Googled the inquiry "Pet Insurance Fraud" be careful and ask and ask, ask for answers to be put in writing. Forget the ole buy it over the phone type agents get it in writing exactly what the cutie is to be covered for and exactly what the pet will not be covered for in case of....
Oncology department up here is very busy - up to 2 - 2 1/2 weeks waiting for an appointment. Hospital are not happy places, in fact nowadays around the cancer ward, very frigging sad indeed.
I will get back to you as matters progress..
Thanks for Listening!
Ted
Old 12-03-2016, 11:16 PM

Been a while eh boys? Well, we are close to seeing if the l'il beastie cat has beaten cancer. Should be in two weeks that we'll be bringing her back for a few hopefully, "last tests". I must repeat again, when you take out your Pet Insurance plan, do yourself a favor and question the "pre-existing" or forseeable condition(s) of your policy.
I'll get back when we get the great news, hopefully free n' clear of the dreaded cancer.
Thanks for hanging in here with us!! Merci encore!!
Ted
Old 12-05-2016, 02:55 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Pets truly feel like family at times. Hope it all works out for you and best of luck to "beastie".
Old 12-05-2016, 02:47 PM

They are family. Fingers crossed for the best news!
Buddy
11 cts-v black diamond edition wagon 556hp GONE
15 camaro Z/28 white AC brand new
Old 12-06-2016, 11:15 AM

Thanks COPO and Buddy for the kind words. Will get back as soon as we know..
The thing is with pets, they are family and more often than not, better'n family.
Ted
Old 01-10-2017, 05:54 PM

Possibility of new cancer appearing in lower intestines from yesterday's ultrasound tests. Have to bring her back in and then 2 doctors will consult after further testing.
Don't know what to tell you guys 'n gals, but again in the waiting area I saw a video
saying 52 or 54% of cats and dogs will be touched by cancer. One has to make a choice eh. I would suggest contacting a couple of insurance companies and stipulate exactly what you want covered and be sure all is in writing that you as a consumer can understand. Not doing this in writing can suprise you with $$ claims not being re-imbursed. Vet costs are up big time as you try and keep your l'il devil alive. Make sure what you sign with the insurance company is exactly what you need to have if cancer strikes.
We have been blessed with a great, knowledgeable, caring oncology team.
T
Old 01-12-2017, 05:09 PM

Good afternoon!! Just returned from Vet and we had to start chemo again for lesions seen in the Ultra sound Mond. Feel so badly for the l'il beastie as she has been through a load. This is the second round of chemo treatments.
Thanks for 'listening' me hearties.
Ted
Old 01-12-2017, 08:14 PM

Thanked 3,688 Times in 996 Posts

Some people are using Marijuana oil for Cancer treatments in animals as well as humans. You might look into it. Here is a link to a thread a friend started after he was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer and given 6 months to live. He declined chemo and radiation. Instead he went home to die but was convinced to try Rick Simpson oil, THC-CBD oil. He was supposed to be dead a couple months ago but is now declared cancer free. He still has something going on with his liver but now they say no cancer. Someone in the tread is going to try it on their dog that has cancer. Good reading.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=53484
Old 01-13-2017, 12:22 AM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

Thanks for sharing that Charley. I got the same info from Greg for my next door neighbor- [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2017, 01:59 PM

Thanks gentlemen!! I will show these responses to my better half. We have been going the homeopathic route a wee bit.
I appreciate your caring comments. The oncology unit is very busy and there are not a lot of customers with happy faces about this area.
Merci guys!!
Ted