Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 04-14-2016, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Pet Insurance

Just letting you guys know, nothing new as of yet. The hospital oncologist vet is still in contact with the Insurance company and so far, no news is good news as the ole sayin' goes I guess. I do not want to upset the 'applecart' by going to an insurance commission until the Oncologist has exhausted his helping us.
Kinda costly to say the least, eh?? We have been paying for the chemo treatments out of pocket since November and each time we send the bill in to the Insurance company on the "unlimited" plans, nothing has been paid.
I would caution that when you first get your brand new puppy or kitten home, be sure you are insured or you a gonna pay big time. Veterinary costs are wayyy up there especially when cancer without warning rears its ugly head(s).
No way anybody gonna put down their beauty if there is a chance. They give tooo much to us without asking anything in return. Sorry re. the 'mild rant of sorts!'
Will get back when we hear more.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:33 PM

Chemo treatments are soon ending. Our cat has more energy than ever in her life thanks to the Hospital Oncologist and his team. I guess the next phase is the "pain" phase which'll be wicked for the cat.
Nothing but negated claims from the offending Pet Health Insurance company.
I was there yesterday and let me say this, my heart went out to a couple of owners who received bad news. The tears were a flowing.. Pets give us nothing but love and really ask nothing in return except for food / water / and hugs.
I'll get back to you as things unfold.
Thanks!
Ted
Old 05-24-2016, 09:14 PM

Just keeping you up to date. Last Mond a.m. May 16th., I had to bring another cat over to the Vet Hsptl. as I saw her gait was not quite on spec in the right rear quarters. She seemed to be slightly off balance. She had lost a bit of weight over the last week or so and therefore I figured, let's go and check the 2 things at the same time. Many tests were run and cancer of the chest was discovered. She passed peacefully on Frid. 11.58 a.m.
We'll see what the Insurance company is a gonna do with this one. Never, never had a problem with the cats, now all of a friggin' sudden it's a hittin' da fan big time.

Thanks for listening gentlemen!!
Ted
Old 05-24-2016, 09:22 PM

Sorry to hear
Old 05-24-2016, 10:42 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Ted:

Very sorry for your loss.

Dave
Old 05-25-2016, 03:13 AM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

Sorry to hear about your kitties [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2016, 03:22 AM

Sorry for your loss. I know first hand as many of us do, what our pets mean to us. Sounds like she did not have to suffer for too long. But now you are left to. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Buddy
11 cts-v black diamond edition wagon 556hp GONE
15 camaro Z/28 white AC brand new
Old 05-25-2016, 03:53 PM

Sorry for your loss, I too have been there, done that. I just remember what my grandmother used to tell me,
&quot;Plenty more where that one came from&quot;. The shelters are full of animals waiting to be destroyed because nobody knew they were there. Just a thought.

COPO 9561/9737 M40 X11D80
13.37 @ 105.50 on pump gas,drove it to NATL TRAILS and back [email protected] SCR22
Old 06-08-2016, 03:15 PM

Good morning Ladies n' gentlemen!
We appreciate the very kind words on the loss of one of our cats. Believe it or not, what you fellow board members wrote my wife and I frigging helped. Again Merci encore!! Thanks!!

Our second cat has been doing chemo treatments since last November.
The last chemo treatment is coming up next week and it will be a stronger injectable drug. Our fingers are crossed!

Now maybe, just maybe I can offer strong advice to fellow Pet Lovers re. Insurance.
Instead of asking your Pet Insurance Agent &quot;what am I covered for within this policy&quot;, demand to have it in WRITING no holds barred, exactly what would you NOT be covered for.. Again what would your pet NOT be covered for?
Another bit a insurance chicainery that might be used is, instead of putting your monthly insurance rate(s) up, they can lower your re-imbursement rate. Therefore in lieu of a previously co-singed re-embursement rate of say 75%, the insurance company can lower your re-imbursement to 55% with no contestation from you the policy owner.

When was the last time you met with your agent or was it over the phone with nothing in valid writings and just musings?

I will get back next week with more Pet Ins. trickery. As long as you pays at dee end of each month, you ain't nevah goin' to hear from dem, i.e. the Insurance company. Soon as one has to make a valid $$ claim on your signed policy, then they'll (Insurance Agents) come outta hiding..

Ted
Old 07-03-2016, 03:16 PM

In limbo at this point in time. Claims are still being negated re. the chemo procedures that just ended successfully. Now we are about to check blood values and do ultrasound testing.
I can't emphasize enough to get your Pet Insurance agent to do all in writing re. what the pet will not be insured for in case of injury and or sickness. We've been at it for many months and it adds up big time.
Another insurance trick they are using is that every 6 months the Agents/companies have meetings re. their customers
that have made claims. After the last meeting we were advised our rate of re-imbursement is going down a hefty percentage. Never in 10 - 14 years were we ever advised that these meetings were taking place. Never even a frigging &quot;howdee loyal customers&quot;. Soon as we made claims, they came outta the woodwork.
We are waitng until the last two steps are complete.. Again get it in writing what the pet(s) will not be covered for. What happens when you upgrade your policy to a higher level and something happens in the interim period?
What are you covered for in this time frame? Very important point here!!!

The cat that just passed I am sure is having a beautiful rest upstairs with many pals. She did not suffer very long if at all. She went peacefully.

Thanks guys 'n gals!! I'll get back when things unfold further.
Ted