Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Mopar

Old 08-10-2011, 02:44 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Mopars can be cool!

holy cow let me get my magnified glasses out.
Just kidding LOL
Old 08-10-2011, 06:46 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sixt9rsx33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Attached is my 68 Charger. This is a fun driver that I dont mind driving in the rain provided I get caught. The car is an original 383 &quot;H&quot; code car 3.23 posi auto, console PS,PB,AIR,Defogger,road wheels,red line tires. I have the original window sticker, certi-card, and owners manual. The car is supposed to be Gold and one day I will repaint it the original color. The car has 92K miles on the clock and seem to be original. I put a mild build 440 in it the original 383 was gone when I got it. I kept the 383 that came with it. Original body panels, floors, trunk...Arkansas car. I tracked the original owner down and spoke to the lady...she was 89 years old when I spoke to her. Very cool to speak to her. </div></div>

Did a guy named Larry and a chick named Mary used to own that?
Old 08-10-2011, 05:44 PM

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img]

Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #CC33CC"><span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">When I think of memorable Mopars, Bruce Hershberger's former ride (and immaculate talents as an <span style="text-decoration: underline">uber</span>-restorer [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img] ) comes to mind. This Challenger was optioned just perfectly and is just stunning in person....</span></span></span></span>

It is just mind boggling that you could stroll into a dealership and buy a car like this!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/shocked.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2011, 03:42 PM

here is another fine Pinky.
it must of been great to order this one as well.
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2011, 11:05 PM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #CC33CC"><span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">When I think of memorable Mopars, Bruce Hershberger's former ride (and immaculate talents as an <span style="text-decoration: underline">uber</span>-restorer [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img] ) comes to mind. This Challenger was optioned just perfectly and is just stunning in person....</span></span></span></span>

It is just mind boggling that you could stroll into a dealership and buy a car like this!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/shocked.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

</div></div>

Seeing this car in person was a treat! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2011, 05:33 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RAIIIT/A</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sixt9rsx33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Attached is my 68 Charger. This is a fun driver that I dont mind driving in the rain provided I get caught. The car is an original 383 &quot;H&quot; code car 3.23 posi auto, console PS,PB,AIR,Defogger,road wheels,red line tires. I have the original window sticker, certi-card, and owners manual. The car is supposed to be Gold and one day I will repaint it the original color. The car has 92K miles on the clock and seem to be original. I put a mild build 440 in it the original 383 was gone when I got it. I kept the 383 that came with it. Original body panels, floors, trunk...Arkansas car. I tracked the original owner down and spoke to the lady...she was 89 years old when I spoke to her. Very cool to speak to her. </div></div>

I dont know bought it from a dealer in MI

Did a guy named Larry and a chick named Mary used to own that? </div></div>
69 L71 Roadster Survivor
69 L46 Roadster Survivor (Sold)
69 Z/28 RS
69 Dodge Charger R/T
70 W30 442 Auto Air Survivor
2016 Z06 Coupe M7
70 AAR Cuda (Sold)
69 L78 Chevelle
Old 08-16-2011, 06:01 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Concur [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]! Now, buying a Mopar didn't hurt one bit, did it? </div></div>

Not only didn't hurt but it is the fastest stock car I have ever owned. When it was 35 years old it turned a 12.6 1/4 mile with just the cutouts opened. It is still capable of that today. A set of slicks will get it in the 12 teens. Don't know of any other car off the showroom floor in the day that could do that.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:00 PM

Now you're talkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img]

Old 08-16-2011, 07:26 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now you're talkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img] </div></div>

Sam

Hate to be a party pooper, but in the day the street hemi had the mystique but never ran. The 440 6 packs always blew their doors in and any big block solid lifter Chevy (L78 396 or 427) left their owners crying. The only Hemi worth owning was the race Hemi which was available in both 65 Dodge and Plymouths and could be ordered just like the Max Wedge earlier. Right off the showroom floor. NHRA Hall of Famer, Kenny Montgomery,lives locally to me. He still owns his 1965 Race Hemi Belvedere that he bought new. It still turns a 9.15 @ 148 MPH,with slicks and headers. Show me a GM or a Ford that can do that!