Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Nickey-Chicago

Old 04-22-2017, 06:05 PM

Default NicKey testimonial from a Mopar Guy

Larry Bell is a very serious car guy.

He has been involved with Muscle Cars since day one and has a large / significant collection of cars.......mostly MOPARs.

We built a Stage II Naturally aspirated Camaro Convertible for him.

Here is a nice message he sent to us.

"...New Castle is a small Midwestern town that grew up to be in the heart of automotive manufacturing, we had a Chrysler Plant here for nearly 100 years...in the days of cruising, any young guy that could walk and chew gum had a job at one of the many automotive plants within a 50 mile radius, 4-5 Chrysler, 2 Ford, 3 GM, Perfect Circle, Borg Warner, Goodyear, Firestone (you get the idea)...lots of young guys, lots of money, lots of Muscle Cars, a fun time to be young
...Broad Street In New Castle was the cruising mecca for all the surrounding towns for decades, hundreds of the fastest and rarest cars ever produced, cruised Broad, a mini Woodward...the city is bringing back the "good old days" in a big way, the last Saturday of every month
...I have cruised here for nearly 50 years, although there were some years it wasn't popular...I have cruised in Corvettes, Daytonas and Superbirds, HEMIs and 6 PACK cars, Judges, etc etc...lots of very rare cars here in town...Muscle Car Review did an article about New Castle 25 years ago and have shot dozens of local cars for their magazine along with numerous other photographers for other publications, magazines and books since
...anyway, out of all the cars I have owned and cruised in, this NIcKey has become a local crowd favorite, BIG TIME...it's funny, people all over town, people who know very little about cars, all know "NicKey"...I have people call out "NicKey" as I drive to the grocery, LOL, many think that is MY name...it was announced on the city wide speaker system last nite, "NicKey is here tonite"...some know the history, most don't, but EVERYONE knows THIS car, far and wide...when I cruise Broad, it quivers, shakes, jumps up and down, and sounds like thunder...PEOPLE LOVE IT! ...other Camaro owners bow to its presence, LOL
...I am full of MOPAR blood, but this Camaro has proven to be one of the most fun cars I have ever owned, Thank You once again for building it...

PS...it has 3,100 miles and has only been out of the city limits 2 times"
Old 04-22-2017, 11:02 PM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

Very cool!
Old 04-24-2017, 02:55 AM

Thanks Bruce.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:10 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Very cool to instill the branding upon a car and have a car town react like that.

Kudos' to you guys.