Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please help

I never met Larry personally,but our backround is in road racing and I hooked him up with my friend John Morton for tips on getting his Lola/Frisbee together.Cool cat that will be missed-

On a lighter note anyone remember his Tilex cure for poison oak?
https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/show...0/fpart/1/vc/1
https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/show...0/fpart/1/vc/1
Old 06-20-2006, 07:50 AM

I never had the chance to meet Larry but did exchange a few emails with him on BM cars sad news and the theives that pull something like this what SCUM!!!!!!!!! Its gotta be a local guy that knew him and what he had to move in so fast. These guys need to be dropped off in the middle of Iraq and left for dead! I cant believe the crap people will do these days if we need stronger penaltys for people like this it wouldnt he happening so much. Everything is about the almighty dollar to these crooks we all need to pool together and put a reward out there someone will roll or have info if it get publicized enough. I throw in $1000 to the arrest of the heartless pricks that did this. What do you guys think about placing some ads in Hemmings and Auto trader???
Old 06-20-2006, 08:17 AM

well I just feel horrible...Larry was awsome we talked in length about cars and our love for Panteras...great guy!!!

how in the world can some morons take these cars and expect to do anything with them???? there all one of's??? I don't get it????

maybe his ex had them grabbed???? he mentioned more than once there was no love lost there.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... its times like these when you realize how unimportant all the cars and material things really are, in the "big picture", they don't mean a whole helluvalot. It's the PEOPLE who make this hobby what it is... People like Pantera.
-JB

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY WELL said Joe & I couldn't agree more!

I met Larry at SCR-7 and thought he was a cool guy. I am very sorry to hear of his passing.

I have been addicted to "Sundried Tomato & Basil" Wheat Thins since I read his post cookies and milk and bought some. They are GOOD!

Thanks Ed & Perry for letting us know and I sure hope they catch the scum bags who stole his cars!

May you rest in peace Larry!

Rita
Old 06-20-2006, 08:22 AM

Damn, that just sucks. Larry was a really cool guy. Talked to him on the phone a few times about his nova, and got to know him better at the reunion. He had a genuine depth of soul. He not only liked cars, but was very concerned about the well being of others. He truly was your friend Ed, as he spoke well of you to me, and hoped all problems could be overcome. We have indeed lost a good friend in Larry.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:35 AM

As rick mentioned,we met larry at the reunion and had a great time chatting about cars,the old days,and his car dealership that he sold used cars at. Larry was a great guy and will be missed. It is hard to believe that there are people out there that once they found out larry had passed,all they could think about was how fast they could steal his cars. Total scum!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:40 AM

I met larry at scr when he had his vette there. He was a very nice guy who had true passion for the cars. But what i remember most, is how friendly and genuine. I talked with him, and it was like he knew me already. Great stories and a great man. He will be missed!! God bless and prayers for the family. Roger
Old 06-20-2006, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please

I really am a loss for words here, shocked is more like it. I was introduced to Larry by Bruce at Barrett-Jackson 05. Right after we started talking about cars and numerous other things, I knew he was a class act. We gathered around the 69 BM Phase III Corvette and had a great ole time, talking about what we so dearly loved, musclecars and supercars.

I met up with him again at SCR8, and continued on in our discussion and knowledge of musclecars. I remember him sitting beside me in the parking lot in front of the Holiday Inn, when all of a sudden his lawn chair collapsed and his rearend ended up on the pavement. We both had a good laugh about that.

Since I met him, and until the remaining years of my life, anytime I see a BM car for sale, or even hear the words Baldwin Motion, or Motion prepped Corvettes, Camaro's, etc, I will think of Larry. His knowledge on Baldwin Motion cars was top notch. I will miss talking with you Larry, like so many of us who came into your life, and your life into ours. You will be missed.

I wanted to share a touching part from one of the last PM's Larry sent me.

"I value you as a new friend like many of the guys on here I think I have found a new home."

Until we meet again Larry.....

Seems there are few people with morals anymore. A man who works all of his life to pruchase the cars of his dreams, and some pathetic looser rips them off when he passes away. How pathetic.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:22 PM

I enjoyed meeting Larry at SCR and listening to him share stories about his Motion corvette. He had a lot of passion about his cars and his passing is a great loss. God speed.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:03 PM

I dont know larry but recall his ID.....my condolences to his family and hope we can help recovering his cars.

68 COPO Camaro 9737 non-converted YENKO
69 YENKO SC Camaro, Hugger Orange - born with engine!