Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 04-28-2016, 02:07 PM

Default Re: 1970 Chevelle SS396 L78 Car Found

Go on, admit it.... the fact that this Chevelle is in a relic state tends to stir up conversation. Every restorer would welcome the opportunity to restore this car because original parts remain in place, and original finishes are visible for replication/restoration. Similarly, every preservationist would leave this car alone. Interestingly, both groups would be ALL-OVER this car looking at every detail if they had the chance.... at least, for so long as it remains a relic. It is the owner's choice whether to restore the car or not. Judging by the interest this car has already generated, I wouldn't spend a load of money only to get less attention.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:15 PM

Hey 69hurstsc. My comment was complimentary towards mopar guys. I said i believe they dont act like that meaning they dont bash each other when something good happens. Just a simple observation and totally speculative. But positive towards those guys. The thing is its just not in my make up to hate on or take stabs. Im a congratulater not a hater. I grew up with 2 brothers nearly my same age. You got whipped into shape for that kind of behavior where i come from. It was cosidered really disrespectful. Anyways sorry you misinterpreted my comment and YAY again for the L78 blowing up.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:29 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Honestly, if this car crossed my path for 10K, I would jump on it and set my pocket on fire pulling the money out. Who wouldn't?
Old 04-28-2016, 03:52 PM

Copy that. Totally misread the comment.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cranberry70SSL34</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey 69hurstsc. My comment was complimentary towards mopar guys. I said i believe they dont act like that meaning they dont bash each other when something good happens. Just a simple observation and totally speculative. But positive towards those guys. The thing is its just not in my make up to hate on or take stabs. Im a congratulater not a hater. I grew up with 2 brothers nearly my same age. You got whipped into shape for that kind of behavior where i come from. It was cosidered really disrespectful. Anyways sorry you misinterpreted my comment and YAY again for the L78 blowing up.</div></div> [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2016, 03:55 PM

Do LS-5 cars generate this kind of buzz? I'm not as dialed into the whole 1970 Chevelle SS scene. There was a 1 owner, survivor LS-5 car that was on Craigslist here in MN last year. It was listed under 20K and didn't generate a single thread on here.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:28 PM

Solid lifters &gt; hydraulic lifters
Old 04-28-2016, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,171 Times in 1,338 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postsedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Geoff Padgett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cranberry70SSL34</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the administrator of this site should take a close look at you and what you bring to this site. Negativity. Im new to the game? Is 30yrs long enough for you?Working on a 1970, racing a 1970, studying a 1970, buying 1970s, selling 1970s, buying 1970 parts, selling 1970s parts, attending chevelle car shows every summer and I can go on. I never claimed to be the first at the or the only guy to be able to identify it. Thats proven and part of the beauty of it. Any idiot knows there are more than 27 in total existence. My statement said only 27 in the National Registry which requires sufficient documentation in order to be registered. Doesnt matter whether there are many more there currently is only 27 documented examples. Still a true statement. But your missing the real point here. I wasn't so new to this game that I only viewed this car as just a car. I knew it was much much more. It was the rarity plus THE STORY. Thats the difference between me and you. I had a vision of the story and had the savvy to bring it to life. That doesn't seem new to the game to me at all. Oh and btw my magazine friend said its one of the biggest stories of 2016. You had plenty of chances at the car but your negativity and possibly your inexperience is what your problem is. I dont appreciate you speaking badly about me when I do nothing but try to hype this hobby from the somewhat younger generation standpoint that these cars need to keep their iconic status. I hope you become more pleasant and say some nicer things on here. Trust me its your negative way of thinking is what holds you back. But YAY YAY YAY to the L78 story and thank you Luis for helping with the story.
</div></div> You go Boy, tell it how it is </div></div>

For the record....I see Patrick every year at a National Chevelle Show along with his brothers.....all 3 are great Chevelle enthusiasts and just darn good car guys. Just a 5 minute talk with Patrick and anyone can tell how passionate he is about the '70 Chevelle. HOW DO YOU FAULT SOMEONE FOR THAT?
THIS BASHING AND NEGATIVELY IS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR.....Mr70 you owe Patrick an apology.

Patrick, congrats on the Super Chevy Ink....well done.

Dan </div></div>

Well I agree that the one particular post wasn't necessary and was in fact a personal attack. Unfortunately I just found this thread and now there are many post following which reference Mr70's post. If Patrick or Rick want the posts deleted let me know. I can lock the thread or remove all from M70's posts and start from there. I could also leave it as is because there is a lot of supportive posts as well.

The personal attack was unnecessary and won't be tolerated.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 04-28-2016, 07:15 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postsedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Geoff Padgett</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cranberry70SSL34</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the administrator of this site should take a close look at you and what you bring to this site. Negativity. Im new to the game? Is 30yrs long enough for you?Working on a 1970, racing a 1970, studying a 1970, buying 1970s, selling 1970s, buying 1970 parts, selling 1970s parts, attending chevelle car shows every summer and I can go on. I never claimed to be the first at the or the only guy to be able to identify it. Thats proven and part of the beauty of it. Any idiot knows there are more than 27 in total existence. My statement said only 27 in the National Registry which requires sufficient documentation in order to be registered. Doesnt matter whether there are many more there currently is only 27 documented examples. Still a true statement. But your missing the real point here. I wasn't so new to this game that I only viewed this car as just a car. I knew it was much much more. It was the rarity plus THE STORY. Thats the difference between me and you. I had a vision of the story and had the savvy to bring it to life. That doesn't seem new to the game to me at all. Oh and btw my magazine friend said its one of the biggest stories of 2016. You had plenty of chances at the car but your negativity and possibly your inexperience is what your problem is. I dont appreciate you speaking badly about me when I do nothing but try to hype this hobby from the somewhat younger generation standpoint that these cars need to keep their iconic status. I hope you become more pleasant and say some nicer things on here. Trust me its your negative way of thinking is what holds you back. But YAY YAY YAY to the L78 story and thank you Luis for helping with the story.
</div></div> You go Boy, tell it how it is </div></div>

For the record....I see Patrick every year at a National Chevelle Show along with his brothers.....all 3 are great Chevelle enthusiasts and just darn good car guys. Just a 5 minute talk with Patrick and anyone can tell how passionate he is about the '70 Chevelle. HOW DO YOU FAULT SOMEONE FOR THAT?
THIS BASHING AND NEGATIVELY IS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR.....Mr70 you owe Patrick an apology.

Patrick, congrats on the Super Chevy Ink....well done.

Dan </div></div>

Well I agree that the one particular post wasn't necessary and was in fact a personal attack. Unfortunately I just found this thread and now there are many post following which reference Mr70's post. If Patrick or Rick want the posts deleted let me know. I can lock the thread or remove all from M70's posts and start from there. I could also leave it as is because there is a lot of supportive posts as well.

The personal attack was unnecessary and won't be tolerated. </div></div>I apologize if I offended anyone as well my post was meant to support Patrick
Old 04-28-2016, 08:04 PM

I vote to leave the thread alone.....what is the point of removing it.....for every time someone offends someone.....knowing that the thread will be locked or deleted, gives the impression, one can say whatever they wish, because they know the thread will be locked or deleted.

Let's all play nice and STOP the personal attacks.....I mean come on, it's a 1970 Chevelle guy attacking another 1970 Chevelle guy.....Childs Play.

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 04-28-2016, 11:05 PM

Thanked 5,976 Times in 2,915 Posts

I'm still wondering why it took so long for this car to sell at what I would consider to be a very cheap price. No disrespect, just curious.