Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Ford-Mercury

Old 04-24-2018, 10:51 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

It's crazy, and true! The new mayor wanted the city to be attractive to the movie guys, so he gave them free reign of the city. They closed streets down when needed for the specific scenes. Really a neat thing.

I think I need to make a video of the prelude to the chase scene to advertise MCACN for Bob. Same music... same lead up, me driving the car around.....then right as the Charger rocks it, show the MCACN logo!

Cheers
Dave
Old 04-24-2018, 11:02 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12pilot View Post
It's crazy, and true! The new mayor wanted the city to be attractive to the movie guys, so he gave them free reign of the city. They closed streets down when needed for the specific scenes. Really a neat thing.

I think I need to make a video of the prelude to the chase scene to advertise MCACN for Bob. Same music... same lead up, me driving the car around.....then right as the Charger rocks it, show the MCACN logo!

Cheers
Dave
DO IT!!!

Ryan

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
Old 04-24-2018, 11:49 AM

Dave,

Now that the Mustang is near complete....what is next? New House, Another car project? A long needed Vacation? A lunch at ORD?

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 04-24-2018, 03:36 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Hmmm... after the Bullitt? Lunch in Chicago? Welp,* several things on the deck. Yep, house/ shop/ stables will be starting in the next month or so, and since I only have the small rental shop right now, no car builds until next year. Oh... they'll be tinkering and such on the Mighty D150 Ram, and I need to fabricate a custom entry gate to the new Ranch with a set of wings in the gate, but no major build project until next year. But fear not! My plan on a follow up to the Beater Bee is just about coming to fruition! Yes... it'll even be right in line Alphabetically with the Beater Bee. As with all my builds, you'll learn stuff you never knew you didn't know or needed to know, or even really cared to know. I figure the next one will be more edjumacational too. Like a "This Old Friggin' Car!" instructional show where I explain helpful tips and techniques on how to lose your favorite tool, pay way too much for a part....twice since you forgot you bought that part a few months ago....and explain how to recognize that bad idea you thought was a good idea until you tried it, before you actually try it!

And soon as I get into ORD on a nice layover you're on speed-dial!

Cheers
Dave
Old 04-25-2018, 08:56 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

I think the only thing that trumps the circumference of the 390 chrome air cleaner lid is the Chrome Dome from the mid 60s Hemis! Soooooooo much chrooooome!

I was fortunate that the car had the original jack and hardware hidden in the trunk. Trying to stay 100% correct, the F70 WSW Firestone mounted up on a stock 14x6 styled steel wheel trims the trunk out nicely. My car has the Reflective Group which is a reflective "C" stripe on the side of the car and the center part of the wheels painted in a reflective coating. Like a stop sign has. The spare, however, is not painted with the coating. My original spare didn't have that in it. Just Argent paint. Tomorrow the glass goes in!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2018, 12:11 AM

SAAAAWEEEEET! That there is a bona fide home run! Love it Super Dave! Can’t wait to see it make some smoke!

Old 04-26-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12pilot View Post
Hmmm... after the Bullitt? Lunch in Chicago? Welp,* several things on the deck. Yep, house/ shop/ stables will be starting in the next month or so, and since I only have the small rental shop right now, no car builds until next year. Oh... they'll be tinkering and such on the Mighty D150 Ram, and I need to fabricate a custom entry gate to the new Ranch with a set of wings in the gate, but no major build project until next year. But fear not! My plan on a follow up to the Beater Bee is just about coming to fruition! Yes... it'll even be right in line Alphabetically with the Beater Bee. As with all my builds, you'll learn stuff you never knew you didn't know or needed to know, or even really cared to know. I figure the next one will be more edjumacational too. Like a "This Old Friggin' Car!" instructional show where I explain helpful tips and techniques on how to lose your favorite tool, pay way too much for a part....twice since you forgot you bought that part a few months ago....and explain how to recognize that bad idea you thought was a good idea until you tried it, before you actually try it!

And soon as I get into ORD on a nice layover you're on speed-dial!

Cheers
Dave
You should copy the gates on the love interests farm/welding shop on Cast Away!!!

Ryan

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
Old 04-27-2018, 12:24 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Glass went in without a hiccup! And luckily, I didn't ding any of the stainless fresh back from the polisher either!

And I came home to a freshly restored, tested, low fuel sensor equipped fuel sending unit!!

...aaaand I have to leave on another trip. I need to quote a wise man in this situation...."Dag-blastid, cornafragstic, confoundicated, foenistat!!!" - Yosemite Sam c1956

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (04-27-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 12:47 AM

Thanked 1,110 Times in 632 Posts

Sweet!
Old 05-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Undercoating time, and you know what that means! It's just about done! Mustangs had sound deadener sprayed in the wheel wells and interior quarter panel, and then they were painted. The wheel wells in the back, therefore, are body color. The front wheel wells were not painted since body color stopped at the firewall so that remained black. When the dealer got a hold of it, the salesguys got involved and said "You know, for an extra $2.50, we can throw that undercoating stuff on the chassis which will make everything look cool, cause our mechanics to curse and scream when they have to work on anything under the car, and 50 years from now, will make some dude really unhappy when they try to restore this car to Concours Gold.... whatever that is? "

With the dealer undercoating, the rear wells got it and so did everything else like the floor pans, gastank, and all the lines and such. Some only got wheel wells and that's the look I went for. Love this stuff and its textured and ready to spray through a Shutz gun. I got it from RestoRick. Awesome stuff! More to come

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images