Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2020, 04:05 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,194 Posts
Default New Scam. Not sure of the end game

Received a package containing something I did not order.

The return address on the package is a LEGIT Amazon warehouse. Of course, I can send something and put any address I want as the return address.

They went to the trouble and expense of sending UPS overnight. I checked the tracking number and UPS verified it was delivered this morning.

Package shows that it was billed to PP, which I assume is paypal. I checked, and there is no unauthorized payment in my paypal account. Also strange that the package was addressed to me instead of Sherri. She is primary on that account, and everything we get from Amazon is addressed to her.

Did a Google search, and apparently it is pretty common.

There are two theories:

1. They already have my name and shipping address. For all I know, they also have my email address. They use that info to write glowing reviews so that others will purchase the product.

2. They are hoping you request a return label. Not sure how this would work; but maybe they are hoping to get more information from you when doing the return.

I am keeping the packaging and the unopened item. It is pullover neck warmer that can be used as a mask.

I doubt it was a coincidence that Sherri received a phone call last week from someone with a thick East Indian accent claiming to be from Amazon. Said he needed to verify her last four purchases on Amazon. She refused to give any info over the phone. He said, "surely you know we are a very big company."
67 Nova Boy (12-07-2020), 70 Forest Green Zee (12-07-2020), big gear head (12-07-2020), cruiserofland (12-07-2020), earntaz (12-07-2020), PeteLeathersac (12-07-2020)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...