Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 07-04-2009, 11:21 PM

Default -1955, Chev, 2dr, POST, Hot Rod, 350,4spd,posi,

-Howdy, selling a 1955 Chev, 2dr-Post, 210 Delray.

-Quick rundown, 350, 4spd, 10bolt posi, Camaro front frame clip, DB,PS. Turn key and go get burgers now.

Been in my garage for 3+ yrs collecting dust, needs a new owner that will take it out and play with it. 9K cash buys it & a huge pile of extra parts goes with, I am in it over 13K so I am losing my azz, so please don’t show and attempt a low ball deal not going to happen.

link to photo bucket, vids and pics. http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...e/1955%20Chev/

-not sure if you call it a resto rod, rat rod or a hot rod, it can go anyway you want at this point.

-History as I know it, I bought it out of NC a few years ago, guy had just put it all together and sorted it out pretty good and was going to take it back down for paint and detailing, he decided he wanted to do a 4dr car he has so he put this up for sale, I brought it home, and basically have been cleaning up things and replacing with new parts as I tinkered with it, my goal was for a gasser but never had much spare time, with work and kids to get much done, I would like the space back in the garage, I will pass along Joey’s phone number as long as he is ok with it if you have questions on the build,.

-350 is fresh built by Joey, runs strong, nice rumpity cam. Holds good oil press, 25 hot idle, 75 cruising, runs at 180/190 even on a 90 deg day.

-4spd is Saginaw out of a ’79 firebird, shifts like butter, Hurst Comp Plus Linkage.

-10 Bolt rear, Posi, Joey said it has 308 gears, it pulls real nice with the Saginaw, nice spread in gears.

-Gas, has a 18 Gallon? Fuel cell.

-new floor pans done before me front to back, decent job.

-Car has a complete wiring harness out of a 2nd gen camaro front to back, supposed to be from a loaded A/C, Cruise control car so a guy could add air/cruise fairly easy.

-Interior ……..-Camaro Tilt Wheel, Vintage steering wheel, Sun Tach, Hurst Shifter,highback Camaro buckets, back seat is vintage tuck and roll, carpet is cheapo pep boys, but I have new Black factory 80/20 carpet kit for the car. Interior trim has been cut in with red as you see, headliner is out, and I have the bows.

-Ex, Old headers, 2.5 tubing, flowmaster muff’s, dump in front of the rear tires, sounds nice.

-New Stuff I did.
Cleaned the front frame up, rattle canned it black looks nice, new long A/C Camaro Coils to set the nose up a bit, new brakes, new schocks, new tires, cleaned up the engine bay, more black paint, radiator is rebuilt, also have a brand new one from Cliffs goes with.

Rear , cleaned up the rear installed a vintage Mr Gasket rear end cover, did the brakes, installed new Leaf springs and bushings and added vintage Southside machine traction bars, shot the drums in red. new NW drivelines driveline

-From the rear to the firewall the floors still need a little elbow rubbing and some black paint and the underside will look decent.

-Body, hey it looks like crap I admit it, lol. It’s a solid ’55 body, it has looked like this since I got it and no big bubbles or any crappy work has shown, Joey seemed like a straight shooter on the phone and I am also a straight up honest car guy nothing to hide here, Joey is not a body guy it has some crappy sanding that needs to be gone over and re primed and it will look decent, I have a Gallon of real Flatz Rat Rod paint for it in “RED”, my opinion is scoot over it with d/a sander with 220 maybe re-prime a couple spots and shoot it with the flats and it will look killer.

-Parts that go with.
Disc brake ’55 Chev truck front straight axel.
Leather low back power seats from a Acura, nice but grey in color.
New radiator, new carpet kit, new gallon Red Flatz paint. New harmonic balancer. Probably more but that’s all I can think of right now.
Exterior stainless body trim, it’s in a cardboard tube, I have not laid out every piece, Joey said it was all there.
Original nice bowtie dash trim, it is for if you pull the gauges from the dash.

-Only neg in my opinion is if you spin the motor past about 4k it wants to throw the alt belt, I thought it was the lower pulley causing the problem I put a new used one on but it still wants to wobble just slightly, I bought a new harmonic balancer to go on that should cure it.
Car runs drives great, I run it around for errands around the house and always get thumbs up, car sounds killer and runs out strong, I have only hit it once pretty good 1.2.3 and it was quick enough to blow a 1200cc Harley off the road and he was rowing through the gears and had it pinned, I call that a respectable street car.

-Any questions let me know, Thnx B.

-Don’t want any trades., this car is not going to win the Riddler but is nice nice old beater to bop around in it is allot of 1955 for the money people.

happy 4th.

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 07-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: -1955, Chev, 2dr, POST, Hot Rod, 350,4spd,posi,

I love those post cars!Good luck.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:57 AM

I'm thankful that you are 2,713.14 miles from me or I would be out $9,000 that I don't need to be out of.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:43 AM

nothing a grand on a open carrier cant fix, go for a ride,

Old 07-06-2009, 05:49 AM

I THINK IT WOILD MAKE A GREAT RIDE IN BLACK WITH RE INT
Old 07-11-2009, 09:54 PM

Jeez Bud, I wish I had somewhere to keep it. It should sell quick at that price.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 PM

Space is the problem!, if I had it I would keep it, I need to sell a couple cars, I cant even get in the shop for all the stuff I have crammed into it, man I have the pack rat fever bad.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:29 PM

Is this car still available?
Old 02-13-2010, 03:55 AM

-Sold.