Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-16-2011, 09:12 PM

Default Re: New Generation Muscle Cars

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hylton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I was 19 I had an '81 Z/28. It was a 4-speed 350 charcoal car with silver stripes and deluxe interior. I sold it for one reason or another but vowed to get one again someday. Fast forward 25 years and I managed to bag a 25,000 mile unrestored one:

</div></div>

<span style="font-size: 11pt">That's awesome Hylton! Congrats!</span> [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

RIP COPO PETE!
</span> </span>
Old 11-16-2011, 10:55 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markinnaples</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love that charcoal Z and that black T/A, awesome, and the reference to the Pioneer Super Tuner takes me back big time, lol. </div></div>

BTW - the 1978 Z-28 that I just found also has the Super Tuner in it [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2011, 11:33 PM

The Super Tuner was state of the art in 1977! With Jensen coaxial speakers!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:26 AM

The only 2nd gen's that where getting any Love ,where the early 1970-1973 Z28's and mostly all the Trans Am's with pontiac bigblock's-I Really liked both version's of 2nd gen fbody's and owned quite a few of them,I got lucky as all my 2nd gen's where 4 speed stick cars..My last 2nd gen was this Trans am-it was a 301 originally with a super T10 4 speed non Ttop-It had a built pontiac 400 when I bought it, That for Some reason Blew up-LOL , So That gave me the perfect excuse to put a Very mean Full roller BBC 454-I prepped the car for Street/strip but Kept the 4 speed in it-The car would not HOOK!! There was Too much power and Even with Full race slicks-it would just spin.. I had lots of fun with this 2nd gen -But with Regret ,I Had to sell it to fund another project-But I kept the Motor-The guy I sold it too Was gonna restore it back to original-I sold it to him with the original Snowflakes&amp; unmolested shaker =
Old 11-17-2011, 02:10 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMagda</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Super Tuner was state of the art in 1977! With Jensen coaxial speakers! </div></div>

actually the Jensen Triaxil speakers were the top o the heap back then

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:59 AM

flyingn - that's probably what I meant! The memory is the first to go. I guess the looks go next!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 PM

Thanks! Gutless car but the flashbacks are priceless!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:46 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyingn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMagda</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Super Tuner was state of the art in 1977! With Jensen coaxial speakers! </div></div>

actually the Jensen Triaxil speakers were the top o the heap back then </div></div>

Quads for the win!
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

With a Pioneer Super Tuner, add a eq and turn up AC-DC Back in Black!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2011, 01:32 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hylton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I was 19 I had an '81 Z/28. It was a 4-speed 350 charcoal car with silver stripes and deluxe interior. I sold it for one reason or another but vowed to get one again someday. Fast forward 25 years and I managed to bag a 25,000 mile unrestored one:

</div></div>

It has got have the T-Tops! Had lots of fun in one of those back in the day! Killer piece..