Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Mopar

Old 09-23-2017, 11:00 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts
Default Mopar Warrior Wheel "Recall Wheel"

I'm wanting a set of these to complete a Day 2 Bee look after MCACN, and I'm forced into a financial and logistical parallelagram....er, something like that.

For those that don't know, these wheels were recalled before the ’69s ever went on sale. Hence the name, "Recall wheels". Officially, none were supposed to be one cars leaving the lots.
Depending on the sales zone, the dealerships received letters date late August or early September informing them of the recall, and that no cars were to be released with the “Warrior” wheels installed. Of course there were some that left. They were made in 4" and 4.5" BC and originally offered on A and B-bodies. Surprisingly, the troubles were unrelated to the 2-pc., cast-center design. The problem was that the lug nuts would not retain the torque spec.

So, I want a set. Problem is, they are like a bajillion dollars IF you can find a set. Classic Industries had a set that was sold through another distributor, so there were some remakes made which are still hard to find. Those were done in 15x8 size.

I'm wanting to remake a set of these wheels for my Bee and wondered if anyone has dealt with any companies that make custom wheels? I know a few Mopar buddies that want a set made too and of course, they only help they are giving me is a half -baked thumbs up.

Any leads on wheel makers? Anyone have one I can use as a template? I'd have it digitally scanned and then sent back to you. No money out of your pocket, obviously. But I'm not at that stage yet. Just gauging you see if I can find a wheel maker first.

Thanks guys!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry mopp_0712_11_z+1969_plymouth_road_runner+wheel.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...