Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Ebay & other seen ads section

Please note

Old 07-17-2017, 10:55 AM

Default 36' ATC Enclosed Car Trailer (5th Wheel)

Hello

I'm brand new to this site and, up front, I have admittedly joined to help sell my car trailer. My son and I have been Chevelle enthusiasts for the last 15 years. Over this time, he has gotten married and had two kids and just doesn't have time for it anymore. And as time has passed, my interest in the hobby has waned. We haven't been to a show or cruise in years. The cars were just sitting. So two years ago, I sold the first of two Chevelles to a hobbyist in New Jersey, and just within the last month or so, the last one went to a new home in Southern CA. So now I need to finish selling the things that relate to the cars, that I have no use for anymore. Which brings me to the trailer. It is now listed on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332305081838...CA:MOTORS:1123

I apologize for all the verbiage, but I want you to know that I am not some scammer! I know several of the members here - Well. My handle on TC was also LS_5. I won't name drop. If one or more want to chime in to vouch for my integrity, I'll leave that to them.

I'm hoping someone here can put this superb piece of equipment to its intended use. If you tow a fifth wheel, you'll never go back to a bumper pull trailer. It is so much easier and safer, imo.

Thank you for reading/looking. I really appreciate it!

Andy Haas
Butler, PA
The Following User Says Thank You to LS_5 For This Useful Post:
JBX22 (07-22-2017)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry tn_s-l16009.jpg tn_s-l16008.jpg tn_s-l16007.jpg tn_s-l16005.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 07-17-2017, 11:45 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,868 Times in 1,000 Posts

Welcome aboard Andy. Andy is a good friend and sad to see him leaving the hobby. I saw this trailer in person a couple of months ago and though it is not new it is in brand new shape and needs nothing but to be put to use. It was even stored inside his shop. Good luck with the sale Andy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 07-17-2017, 12:23 PM

Thanks, Rick!
Old 07-17-2017, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,171 Times in 1,338 Posts

Welcome aboard Andy & GLWS!

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 07-17-2017, 12:35 PM

Welcome aboard Andy.....I am very familiar with ATC Trailers....they make a great product.
Your trailer is almost a virtual twin to a client of mine.....love it.
GLWS.

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 07-17-2017, 12:42 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,868 Times in 1,000 Posts

I posted the photos here Andy so that people did not have to go to the link to see them.
Attached Images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 07-17-2017, 01:09 PM

Thanks again, Rick! And thank you for the Welcomes!! I really appreciate it.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:05 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Great looking trailer Andy. What is the total floor length and what is the depth from the hinge side of the door to the lower front wall without the lower cabinets? Is the floor space 36' or is that the overall length with the bunk? Also, is it framed and pre-wired for rooftop air addition?

Curious if there's room to build a small living area and still have enough floor space to partition off a 20' garage area with a wall.

Thanks

Last edited by NorCam; 07-17-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:55 PM

Thank you!

The total floor length from the rear door to the front wall is 27'5". The bunk area is another 8' 2". The total exterior length of the trailer is 36'. Maybe an inch or two more - but the paperwork I have says 36'.

While we're on the topic of measurements, we accidentally left a couple out of the eBay ad that may be of interest. The rear door opening (with the door down) is exactly 7'. The interior ceiling height of the lower level is 8'. The bunk area is 4' 2" high.

Also a correction on the exterior trailer height. From the top of the box to the ground is 10'. The bubbles for the roof vents however add another 8", or so, so for clearance purposes, I wouldn't try anything less than 11'. The doors in my garage are 12' high and work fine.

Back to the idea of building a living area wall. I think it would be tough to do.

There are two 12 volt batteries and a breaker box (with the 25' shoreline connection) in the bottom of the left cabinet. One battery for the hydraulic jack and one for the dc operation of the dome lights, floor level lights and the loading lights. They would need to stay where they are, so you'd have to build some sort of cabinet around them that's accessible if the existing cabinets are removed.

The real problem with building a wall is the spare tire and winch compartments in the floor. If you look at the picture, they butt up against one another, so there's no way to build a wall between them. You'd have to build it with both compartments on the living area side of the wall. Otherwise the sitting area would be tiny if both were on the car side. You could leave the winch on one side of the wall and the hook on the other - but there'd only be about 19' left, including the beavertail ramp. I think most cars are about 18', give or take - so you'd be risking having the car rub against the rear door or the new wall, potentially, when going over bumps. Plus the recessed D rings would be out of position to ratchet strap the car down.

That said, I never underestimate someone else's ability to do/modify stuff, but it would definitely be a lot of work. Just my .02.

Last edited by LS_5; 07-17-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:15 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply Andy. I'll look to see if it would work with what I have in mind. Cheers