Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Other Muscle

Old 06-20-2015, 05:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,140 Posts
Default Re: ROTTING MUSCLECARS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Devil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeteLeathersac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sorry Dev' but all are simply relevant shots of stuff we like around here and yes saved and sourced randomly online...I don't think any came directly from your site so totally unintentional if so.
If important to you, best may be tag your pics w/ a watermark that shows where they originated otherwise and like anything on the web, they get passed around without credit exactly as has happened here?
Thanks for speaking up though also kudos and credit to you for the pics that are yours also thanks in advance for any others that may inevitably appear in this or other threads here.
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete
</div></div>

Someone conveniently removed my watermarks from my pictures. And I know they came from my site, cause they could not have come from anywhere else.

And wouldn't it be better to share your own pictures, rather then just stealing them from all over the internet. And then there is no context to anything? For 46 pages, most of the pictures are self shot pictures with the stories behind them. If you just 'shotgun' a bunch of stolen pictures here, they lose their meaning.

</div></div>

Not sure what you're suggesting but I'm certainly not the one who removed your watermarks even if I knew how to do so...which I don't.
Again only shots relevant to what most here enjoy were saved and posted also please keep in mind that not everyone is as computer savvy as you and I may be cruising the web so many site brothers may not have ever seen and enjoyed them if not posted here?
Again as I said previously, thanks and credit to you for any pics that are yours also thank you in advance for any others that may appear in this or other threads here in the future but w/ unmarked pics all over the net, it's somewhat inevitable when like minded subjects the topic.
That all said, if you still really believe I took the pics from your site and removed the marks, sorry but no and best may be check into the &quot;Pinterest&quot; website as quite a few were found there also others from elsewhere on the web plus more saved on my system somewhere in the past.
Lastly and this is for everyone reading this, I have lots of shots saved including more old warbird stuff I was going to add but waiting to let the group enjoy those already posted...shall I and others who find cool shots on the web we don't know the origins of stop sharing or what's best from here? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]
~ Pete

Old 06-21-2015, 07:54 AM

When I post an original pic on the internet I do so knowing that others will save and later share that pic, and I don´t have a problem with that. I just don´t want other people to make money on my pic unless they pay me first.
So I´m with you Pete. Don´t stop sharing.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:34 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeteLeathersac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Devil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeteLeathersac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sorry Dev' but all are simply relevant shots of stuff we like around here and yes saved and sourced randomly online...I don't think any came directly from your site so totally unintentional if so.
If important to you, best may be tag your pics w/ a watermark that shows where they originated otherwise and like anything on the web, they get passed around without credit exactly as has happened here?
Thanks for speaking up though also kudos and credit to you for the pics that are yours also thanks in advance for any others that may inevitably appear in this or other threads here.
~ Pete
</div></div>

Someone conveniently removed my watermarks from my pictures. And I know they came from my site, cause they could not have come from anywhere else.

And wouldn't it be better to share your own pictures, rather then just stealing them from all over the internet. And then there is no context to anything? For 46 pages, most of the pictures are self shot pictures with the stories behind them. If you just 'shotgun' a bunch of stolen pictures here, they lose their meaning.

</div></div>

Not sure what you're suggesting but I'm certainly not the one who removed your watermarks even if I knew how to do so...which I don't.
Again only shots relevant to what most here enjoy were saved and posted also please keep in mind that not everyone is as computer savvy as you and I may be cruising the web so many site brothers may not have ever seen and enjoyed them if not posted here?
Again as I said previously, thanks and credit to you for any pics that are yours also thank you in advance for any others that may appear in this or other threads here in the future but w/ unmarked pics all over the net, it's somewhat inevitable when like minded subjects the topic.
That all said, if you still really believe I took the pics from your site and removed the marks, sorry but no and best may be check into the &quot;Pinterest&quot; website as quite a few were found there also others from elsewhere on the web plus more saved on my system somewhere in the past.
Lastly and this is for everyone reading this, I have lots of shots saved including more old warbird stuff I was going to add but waiting to let the group enjoy those already posted...shall I and others who find cool shots on the web we don't know the origins of stop sharing or what's best from here? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]
~ Pete

</div></div> I really don't think anyone on these forums is making an $$ off pictures, etc. displayed here. If there were any money to be made the Chinese would be hacking in and collecting $$, I mean data.

So I will keep posting things I find interesting and hopefully so will the rest of the folks here ... you also Pete!!

TAZ
Old 06-22-2015, 12:28 AM

how the hell is reposting a picture from the internet, back on the internet 'stealing'
Old 06-22-2015, 02:56 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300deluxeL79</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how the hell is reposting a picture from the internet, back on the internet 'stealing'</div></div>

Excellent Q ...
Old 06-22-2015, 03:33 PM

On the Internet it's called &quot;sharing.&quot; Everywhere else it's called &quot;stealing.&quot;
Old 06-22-2015, 03:59 PM

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Georgia'">I have posted many of my original pictures on the net. I have found my shots on boards and sites I have never even heard of - Google dog427435 and you’ll find my pictures posted all over the world. I have even seen many of my sixties NASCAR shots for sale on E-bay. Big deal - I was never going to do that.

But the reason I posted these shots was for others to enjoy – not to retain ownership of them, or mutilate them with a watermark through the middle!

If you’re that worried about your pictures – keep and enjoy them yourself on your own computer.

I enjoyed the pictures Pete posted and would not have seen them if he hadn’t!</span>
</span> [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2015, 04:05 PM

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,002 Posts

Well what ever you do Pete and Dog DO NOT stop posting pictures as we ALL enjoy them. I am of a similar frame of mind and post pictures all the time of in progress restorations and building knowing full well that they get copied and shared. I have no issues until I find them being falsely used to sell something or take credit for. Until then my only hopes are that they help people and they enjoy them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 06-22-2015, 06:31 PM

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,140 Posts

Great thoughts and ideas fellas also thanks for checking in w/ your view too Dog!
Unless for personal and/or financial gain, personally I feel gathering/posting shots of similar topics more as a synopsis or filtered version of the possible millions/billions of pictures out there on the web.
Although I agree that removing watermarks is just plain wrong, posting pics on the web is somewhat like pulling your pants down...so best keep anything private just that unless Ok and willing to 'share' as noted above.
Again as previously, thanks and credit to the carsinbarns site for any posted pics that originated there also thanks in advance for others that may yet appear in this or other threads around here. ( www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com )

~ Pete

Old 06-22-2015, 06:48 PM

Pete, Rick, Glenn, Bill ... Amen