Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-11-2018, 10:09 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Paul, I'm not part of the NCRS community so I can't answer your specific question, other than to say opinions and official stances of all organisations are (and should be) subject to review and change, that is how constant improvement works. Perhaps an increase in misrepresentation (intentional or not) of something originally well-intended became apparent and caused a rethink to limit the inadvertent damage done?
Ran at Lions Dragstrip and Pomona Raceway, with paint by Bob Kovacs of Fresno.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
Amazing. Sorry to hijack the thread but you'd think that the forgers could make some serious bucks simply painting modern portraits of people in the original masters' style and selling them with full disclosure. I think it would be pretty amazing to have a "Day 2" Rembrandt of me and the family hanging on my wall.
They do... main to wall in one generation and need the paintings to match.
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 05-12-2018, 11:00 AM

Default Finally

Deleted thread

Last edited by fsc66; 05-14-2018 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimG View Post
For $100 the buyer could have sent the three documents off to have them validated. One hundred bucks vs spending whatever they did for a car. This is not uncommon, I saw it with a car that cost somebody over $200,000 last year. If somebody doesn't know how to tell fake documents from real ones, ask for help. If somebody doesn't know how to tell a fake stamp from a real one, ask for help. $100 may seem like lots of money, but there's lots involved in the validation process. It may seem like you're risking the deal of a lifetime holding off on buying a car for a day or two, but that's not always the case.
Very interesting thread.

I wanted to make one point I felt was worth the space.

I’d like to point out that yes, there are some on this thread and board (and others for $100) who could help someone ID fake docs and cowl tags, etc., but for the most part the general public has no knowledge of any of them. Many people are naive, and the others who seek out help don’t know who the “good” helpers are and who aren’t.

Thankfully I’m blessed to have 3 good buddies that help me on a regular basis, and they’ve even referred me to a couple more on here in a couple instances.

But, my first rodeo was with a Shelby and I googled for an appraiser and came across what appeared to be just what I needed...boy was I mistaken and as another poster pointed out, it could have led to me being jaded by this hobby and never having anything to do with it again. Thankfully it was a great car even though it was a terrible “appraiser” and I dodged a big bullet.

My main point is this...I believe most people would invest $100 to be sure about their 50k+ investment if they only knew that option existed with a great source.

Thanks to you all.
Kasey
Old 05-13-2018, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsc66 View Post
I posted questions about NCRS and their condonation for years allowing allowing advertising from document reproduction companies on their site and within their publications. Now NCRS and members are the first to exemplify their disdain for document reproductions. I want to hear an explanation from NCRS executive personnel who managed the company for the years this was allowed or members who are the first to express their opinions now but never had issues with their own supporting vendors.
You want credibility in this discussion, then explain the hypocracy to me and I'll be happy to entertain your prerscpective.

Respectfully Paul
Darn, I knew it was NCRS’s fault, it always is, they don’t judge paper never have probably never will. In fact to display paper it has to have their validation.

Bloomington is the organization that requires paperwork or you lose points.

As far as advertisers, I think you will find that somewhere around 2010 they stopped alllwing the fraudulent ads, a board of directors that serves two years and changes could be and in some cases was clueless to who the bad apples were or still are.

But your right it’s their fault, not yours. They make you do it. I get it.

Roy

Sinor Prestige Automobiles Inc.
9575 N 177th E. Ave.
Owasso, OK 74055
918-361-6424 cell
[email protected]
www.sinorprestigeauto.com
Old 05-14-2018, 01:05 AM

Speaking of repro corvette docs, here's an old repro window sticker the seller thinks is real.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-CORVET...IAAOSwA4Ba9DUe
Old 05-14-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAR6569 View Post
Speaking of repro corvette docs, here's an old repro window sticker the seller thinks is real.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-CORVET...IAAOSwA4Ba9DUe
Very interesting thread. Im very curious as to how you can tell this doc is a fake? Just trying to learn.

I bought a 1969 NOVA SS L-48 with no docs that confirm what it is.

I did however find the Fisher body sheet in the back seat with L-48 on it. I would assume this helps some?
Old 05-14-2018, 02:24 PM

For one thing, they spelled Manhattan wrong! haha. I've seen so many of these documents over the last 20 years, I can usually tell at first glance without thoroughly analyzing it. Guess I've developed a knack for it. There are some members on here that send me doc pics when they have questions about them being originals. I'm also happy to help if anyone needs assistance. Paul is excellent at it as well.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:36 PM

This is what I found in my Nova.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2018, 02:38 PM

Default Unsuspecting buyers with repro documents

FWIW The fonts do not look correct either. Not to mention it does not state what color the car is.

Bill