Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 09-28-2017, 11:53 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default 1997 Viper GTS (Blue & White)

Time to move on! Selling my 1997 Viper GTS. I don't think I need to go into any description of what a 97 GTS came with: big engine, a 6spd transmission, and steamroller meats! No cruise, no ABS, no traction control.* But it does have A/C and a CD player! I have a thread on what I've done to the car in the Mopar section. To summarize, what needs to be replaced and dealt with on ALL Gen 2 Vipers has been done: Gaskets Replaced: Timing cover, water pump, thermostat, intake, oil pan, fuel pump, crank seal. All heater hoses and radiator hoses replaced, 180 Thermostat installed, PCV grommet replaced, billet power steering pump pulley and mounting bracket installed, new belt tensioner and serpentine belt, all fluids replaced. Stock radiator was recored to a 3-Row, and two additional cooling fans added in front on the A/C condenser on a 160 thermostatic sensor independent of the primary stock cooling fan. This thing runs really cool even in TX heat! Stock exhaust replaced with a 3" Corsa with high - flow catalytic converters. Side sills remain cool to the touch even after driving for a while. No burned calves! Brakes are stock with new slotted rotors and Hawk pads..of course, the calipers are painted red since that makes the car faster! Sway bar end links, front and back,* replaced too. Lastly, new tires all around.

The car comes with original manuals, some sales docs, and the original window sticker to boot. Everything works and it's a blast to drive! I'm the second owner, and bought it from the daughter of the original owner who has passed on. He drove the car... hence the mileage at a little over 28k. Therefore, the front end has chips, and the wheels have some curb rash. The side sills do have bubbling paint since the incendiary bombs that were the stock catalytic converters, roasted the paint and some bubbling has happened. For this car to be really a perfect example, the front fascia and side sills could stand a repaint. This isn't a 5000 mile model sitting in someone's garage. This is a fun driving car that was, well, driven for fun!

As, far as Gen 2 Vipers go, turn the key and go on this one. All the maintenance has been done that you would need to do. When doing the brakes, I cleaned up the suspension and undercarriage too. This is a great Gen 2 Viper that makes heads turn. Vettes? Around every corner. Tell me the last time you saw a Viper on the road and to add to that, a Gen 2 GTS in the iconic Blue & White scheme?

$48,000. I think it's well worth it. Selling it for basically what I bought it for plus the new parts I put into it.

Cheers
Dave
[email protected]
281-660-6069
[I'll post more pics this weekend]
Attached Images

Last edited by A12pilot; 09-29-2017 at 12:21 AM.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry vipersuspns.jpg viperlake3.jpg viperlake2.jpg viperlake.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-26-2017, 02:52 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Price lowered to $46,500!
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2017, 05:29 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Sold! Going to a great car guy in my shop complex.

Cheers
Dave
Old 11-15-2017, 06:25 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Congrats Dave.