Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Yenko Chevrolet

Old 03-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Yenko Paid Member

Great story Gary, you could have written a book, its that good. Times with your Dad are memories to last forever. Growing up i learned cars and street racing from friends and guys on the street. my dad passed away at the age of 27, from a brain tumor Feb 28 1961. I was born Oct 28 1960, i was 4 months old. He served in the Army 1951-1955 i was USMC 79-83. Thank you for your service and i hope you find your YENKO.
The Following User Says Thank You to bugsy For This Useful Post:
GM_427_Racer (03-05-2018)
Old 03-05-2018, 01:17 AM
Yenko Paid Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
Great story Gary, you could have written a book, its that good. Times with your Dad are memories to last forever. Growing up i learned cars and street racing from friends and guys on the street. my dad passed away at the age of 27, from a brain tumor Feb 28 1961. I was born Oct 28 1960, i was 4 months old. He served in the Army 1951-1955 i was USMC 79-83. Thank you for your service and i hope you find your YENKO.
Thanks Bugsy, I appreciate your kind words about my stories, they are wonderful memories to say the least. I would also like to thank you for your service in the Marines, and of course your DAD's service to our country. It really grinds me to see the crap that goes on today with people dis-respecting our flag and the national anthem, I just feel they are totally ignorant as to how they have their first amendment right and all the service men and women who gave their lives so they have that right to free speech. My DAD was in the Army as well, from 1942 to just after WWII ended, he was in the South Pacific as a Combat Engineer.

I found some more pictures, so I will be posting them soon, and along with those pictures, maybe a few more stories...

GM
Old 03-05-2018, 10:22 PM

Well I just spent a good portion of my afternoon reading through this thread. Great stories!
Old 03-09-2018, 01:22 AM
Yenko Paid Member

Default Towing Pictures

Quite a few stories earlier, I told everyone about the towing story about coming home from National Trails in Columbus, Ohio with the Monte Carlo (tow car) and the "bulldozer" trailer. Attached are a couple pictures that were taken at Quaker City of those two vehicles. Since the car is positioned very far rearward on the trailer, I would assume that these pictures were taken after the towing escapade. Every towing trip in those days was a learning experience.

I have a story about my brother driving the Yenko that I will post soon.

GM

PS I apologize about the poor quality of the photos, but evidently the camera I was using was focusing on the background rather than the cars.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to GM_427_Racer For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 04:14 PM

So cool, thanks for the pics and stories, love 'em.
John 10:30
The Following User Says Thank You to markinnaples For This Useful Post:
GM_427_Racer (03-10-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 02:56 PM
Yenko Paid Member

Default Back in the Day

Attached are a couple of pictures that I had to re-size a lot, so they really don't show everything, but you guys will get the idea. I apologize ahead of time for the second picture being so large.

The picture of me holding the gloves is a present my older brother gave me. As you will notice I am holding the gloves with both hands, cause I thought it was silly he wanted me to wear driving gloves, but what the heck I wore them to make him happy. The other picture showing me in the car also shows a wooden steering wheel that he also had bought for me and I will be telling a story about that wheel and why he thought I needed the "wood" over the plastic. I will give you a hint, the whole steering wheel thing really had to do with him trying to drive the YENKO and that escapade didn't go too well....

Back a little later.....

GM
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GM_427_Racer For This Useful Post:
GotGrunt (04-15-2018), markinnaples (04-15-2018), ZLP955 (04-20-2018)