Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 06-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: F/S Lee Pearl's 1970 442 W-30 Convertible 4 speed

Congrats!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:31 PM

We all know a car is just a car. Some are part of a limited production group that may make them a little more desirable to collectors. Some represent a period of time like the muscle car era of the 1970's. Some have a story or owner history, but most don't.

A very special car is now in the hands of two great collectors. It is where it needs to be in a place where it will continue to be shared with others into the future. I did not have the means to do that and realized that I had completed my time with our special car. I was lucky to find it 30+ years ago and I was able to save it from the gas crisis of the 1980s. Many of our cars were lost during that period.

Exceptional cars usually find themselves in the hands of collectors of novelties or concept cars, not in the garages of average Joes. This was an exceptional car of a different kind: a great made-to-order car from a great year, with options to make it even rarer, like a w-27 rear end, and most importantly a great story.
In my time as owner, I saw it restored from to original as much as was humanly possible, and then showed it where and when I could, all over the country. The original owners Rug Kasley, then George and Betty Steele -all deceased- would be proud that this car has touched so many lives. Our collective contributions turned this car into a tribute to the Oldsmobile Marquee's legacy.

The auction was the best possible way to end our ownership. As if on cue, my family piled into the car after it left the auction block, and took a drive to the melancholy winner's circle where the "Sold!" cars were left for their new owners. When the attendant asked "Will you be needing the keys anymore?" the question had more power than he could have intended! We took a last look at the car and said goodbye to a member of our family that we all had known for over 30 years.

The car will now live among the best of the best muscle cars in the world. Although we don't get to know the brothers who own the collection, they share their cars with he world, both in magazines, and by sending them to car shows such as the Muscle Car Nationals.

A final note, I got a voice mail from my friend Stefano. His message said “mission accomplished”. That could not be more true. I am keeping my 1971 442 so all of my friends will still have me around. Thanks Charlie and the brothers, please take good care of my old car. Lee Pearl
Old 06-26-2013, 06:42 PM

"We all know a car is just a car."
"A final note, I got a voice mail from my friend Stefano. His message said “mission accomplished”. That could not be more true. I am keeping my 1971 442 so all of my friends will still have me around. Thanks Charlie and the brothers, please take good care of my old car. Lee Pearl"

Lee , Yes it is a rare car. Yes it's sold. I don't know about the others, but I being not politically correct am tired of reading about it. Lets put this 16 page (way too long) topic to bed. All this pontificating is putting me to sleep. Lets talk about my Yugo I have stored for thirty years and I'm about to restore. It's rare.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:51 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scorpio ps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;We all know a car is just a car.&quot;
&quot;A final note, I got a voice mail from my friend Stefano. His message said “mission accomplished”. That could not be more true. I am keeping my 1971 442 so all of my friends will still have me around. Thanks Charlie and the brothers, please take good care of my old car. Lee Pearl&quot;

Lee , Yes it is a rare car. Yes it's sold. I don't know about the others, but I being not politically correct am tired of reading about it. Lets put this 16 page (way too long) topic to bed. All this pontificating is putting me to sleep. Lets talk about my Yugo I have stored for thirty years and I'm about to restore. It's rare.
</div></div>

Really? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 06-26-2013, 07:10 PM

Yes really. Its a car, and if it were mine Id have drove the crap out of it.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 PM

I really hope the last couple of posts were in gest. Lee is a terrific person and he had the pinnacle of Oldsmobile cars. No one forced anyone else to read the 16 page post---if you weren't interested, simply choose not to read it. I, for one, followed that car during the posts of the restoration and Lee's showing his car to the public. I'm and Olds guy through and through so I had a definite interest. I also like many other makes and models, that is why I join in on these forums---to communicate with others who share the same passion I do for these old cars. I may not be able to play in the same league as many of the &quot;players&quot; here, but that doesn't mean I can't follow their cars or chime in with an opinion. If my opinion is of a negative nature, I may choose not to post, or if I do it will be in a polite and friendly manner. The car Lee had was certainly worthy of every award it won or any article written about it or any compliment he may have received in person. The new owners have an outstanding collection and that is probably the best place for this car. Lee was totally transparent about everything he did concerning this car's history, his long time ownership, and it's subsequent restoration. I think he deserves a little more respect than what the last two posts are inferring.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:21 PM

Scorpio, unnamed 45 post guy. That was my concluding comment. You can post about your Yugo now. Some day there may be a place for a Yugo with a nice story too. Lee
Old 06-27-2013, 02:04 AM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DW31S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really hope the last couple of posts were in gest. Lee is a terrific person and he had the pinnacle of Oldsmobile cars. No one forced anyone else to read the 16 page post---if you weren't interested, simply choose not to read it. I, for one, followed that car during the posts of the restoration and Lee's showing his car to the public. I'm and Olds guy through and through so I had a definite interest. I also like many other makes and models, that is why I join in on these forums---to communicate with others who share the same passion I do for these old cars. I may not be able to play in the same league as many of the &quot;players&quot; here, but that doesn't mean I can't follow their cars or chime in with an opinion. If my opinion is of a negative nature, I may choose not to post, or if I do it will be in a polite and friendly manner. The car Lee had was certainly worthy of every award it won or any article written about it or any compliment he may have received in person. The new owners have an outstanding collection and that is probably the best place for this car. Lee was totally transparent about everything he did concerning this car's history, his long time ownership, and it's subsequent restoration. I think he deserves a little more respect than what the last two posts are inferring. </div></div>

Exactly! Neither comment was called for, nor are they appreciated in this forum.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:27 AM

I dont think anyone is knocking the car or Lee, the hyperbole used to describe it is what got under the other guys skin.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:14 PM

Congrats Lee [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

I've enjoyed reading about your car and the history behind it. As with most rare cars there is usually a neat back story on how it survived. Some in pristine condition, and others with the snot beat out of them. After reading about cars and options and why they were built, I'm glad &quot;the&quot; history of specific cars are finally being told in print. It's refreshing. It takes a lot of work to document the history and why it's still here to enjoy. Thanks for shareing it.

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif[/img]

BIG