Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-28-2011, 06:05 PM

Default Re: 71 COPO Nova LS6

Well bless you're hearts.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Ah it don't take much to get ol' Schonye goin'![img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]

No need to ban Schonye - way too much entertainment value!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/youguysrock.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2011, 02:44 AM

The auction ended early. Big surprise.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Kurt

1969 SS396 Post Sedan Delivered to Van-T Topeka KS
MCACN Day2 Concourse Gold Award

1968 Schwinn Orange Krate Original Paint
1970 Schwinn 3-Speed Deluxe Original Paint
Old 03-29-2011, 03:00 AM

That trim tag looks very suspect - the stamping depth appears way too deep and crisp for some of them while others appear acceptable.

Was GM ever known to create one off cars that were warranty exempt? How could this drivetrain have even been certified? Why would GM ever do this for this unknown person?

Also, given the pad stamp of T0212CPS - why would GM have assembled this LS6 motor in February given the production order clearance letter is dated in March? Does this mean that they were building and assembling these motors for the Nova application but not another is known to exist?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:01 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: talwell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That trim tag looks very suspect - the stamping depth appears way too deep and crisp for some of them while others appear acceptable.

Was GM ever known to create one off cars that were warranty exempt? How could this drivetrain have even been certified? Why would GM ever do this for this unknown person?

Also, given the pad stamp of T0212CPS - why would GM have assembled this LS6 motor in February given the production order clearance letter is dated in March? Does this mean that they were building and assembling these motors for the Nova application but not another is known to exist? </div></div>

There is just 1 answer to everything Todd, and that is that this car is all [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif[/img]

You absolutely right about the trim tag.. That's what I was looking at.. Plus look at all the marking around the perimeter of it.. Looks like the original one was scraped off and this one put on.....

Rich
Old 03-29-2011, 04:59 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Schonyenko2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only comment is, I agree with Cumby. </div></div>

That's truly scary, .......... no matter which side you're on. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2011, 04:59 AM

Looks like this one fell out of the sky and right into the Toilet.............

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 03-29-2011, 06:40 AM

Another issue that I see - didnt Chevy have a different heater box that they would use on big block cars that moved the AC components to the other side to allow clearance on the big block cars? This car the passengers side valve cover looks like it would hit given a hard launch.

The exhaust manifolds are not even drilled - at least he could have put on smog manifolds with plugs in them.

The VIN stamping on the front pad looks like it was done the day of the photos - shouldnt it be down by the oil filter anyway?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:23 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Anybody decipher the &quot;CPS&quot; engine code yet?

1969L78Nova</div></div>According to NastyZ28 CPS is for 71 Nova LS6 with TH400 trans.

Many of us researh the web to gain knowledge of these cars, in this case a 454 LS-6 COPO listed for sale. Mark, among other issues, asks about the &quot;CPS&quot; code, in which, Martin list's a web page listing this code, CPS=1971 Nova with T400? CPT=1971 Nova with MT.

In doing this researh, some may be mislead in finding a reference in black &amp; white of such a code being made public for a particular application?

Wonder how long it will be before a 1970 &quot;CRS&quot; code Chevelle T400 with aluminum head's will surface? Several questionable codes exist for application's highly questionable? As was the case in the 1970 L-89 Nova discussion, there is a code for that application, as well,&quot;CKP,&quot; which coded out being a 1970 Nova T400? Upon further code study, a &quot;CKU&quot; (Manual) &amp; &quot;CKT&quot; (T400) code is listed for the 1970 L-89 Chevy11? Most of us realize that 1968 was the last year for the Chevy11?

Mark, in mentioning the LS-6 having solid lifter's, wouldn't that generator get to humming with the available 7,000 rpm shift's? Might we not get some straightened impellars if we could keep the belt on? You also mentioned the BB Nova ceased to exist as a regular production order car in 1970? More than likely, changes would need be made to accomodate the BB? Cumby, I agree with your analogy!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:10 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: talwell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

I was under the impression that if a car wasn't registered with the AMA, then it wasn't certified to be built:

http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-h...rolet-Nova.pdf

Can't say I've worded this correctly, but maybe someone can add?