Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-18-2014, 04:37 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: "Roof" Deuce for sale ('70 YENKO Nova)

I am very fortunate to have become friends with Sam over the years and follow this great storry on this one of a kind Yenko Nova.
Every time I had the chance to see Sam's car was a real treat. Congrats to the new car taker of this great car with a amazing story.

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2014, 04:46 AM

This is one of the coolest frickin Deuces on the planet! If I was one of these millionaire collectors my truck and trailer would be in route to pick this bad boy up RIGHT NOW!

Seriously, the ultimate Deuce trifecta would be this one, Mark Hassett's orange Ohio car, and of course Shoney's!

Sam, it's none of my business, but I hope you have a GOOD reason for parting with this one. WAY to much love's been put into it by you.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:26 AM

Thanked 1,118 Times in 329 Posts

OMG! That is soooo nice.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:55 PM

Nice [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img] !
Old 02-18-2014, 02:58 PM

Gorgeous Nova. I sat in it's twin in 1970-ish when my dad was shopping for a new car at the local Chevy dealer. Got yelled at by a salesman for shifting the gears pretending to race it. I was 10. I remember thinking what a cheesy interior without a carpet!
Old 02-18-2014, 03:00 PM

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img] What dealership was that Tom?

Old 02-18-2014, 03:01 PM

W.R. Austin Chevrolet, Norwalk, CT.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:13 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lynn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

How many original drivetrain Deuces are left? Standard bore? In that good of condition?

</div></div>

More than you might expect! This is likely due to the fact that the Yenko Deuce was never permitted to run in NHRA Stock classes, only the AHRA and NDRA (??, a small sanctioning body in western PA).

I will try to cut/paste an excerpt from a Nova Times article I wrote back in 2011:

&quot;&quot;Once the YDN’s were in owner’s hands, they were generally well cared for. Since these cars were never approved by the NHRA, few were raced competitively and therefore a relatively high percentage (33%) of cars retain their original drive trains. The lowest mile YDN has 6,176 miles while the highest mile YDN has around 130,000. At this time the YDN Registry statistics are as follows:

These statistics indicate a few things:
• The survival rate of 51% is in line with other Yenko models, and with the discovery rate slowing to approximately 1 YDN / year on average we expect the survival percentage to remain in this range.
• Certain colors are significantly higher than others, likely indicating popularity in the day - the Forest Green, Citrus Green and Hugger Orange cars for example.
• Other colors, namely Gobi Beige, are significantly lower. This particular color might require an acclimation period for some owners, and the lower discovery percentage is due to this color being the most likely to be repainted - in a different color. A dealer (Stocker Chev, State College, PA) back in the day unflatteringly referred to Gobi Beige as ‘calves (insert: ‘poop’) brown’, it’s no wonder they had difficulty selling theirs! Repainted YDN’s had about a 50% chance of getting their stripes reapplied, whether vinyl or painted, and frequently lost their identity.
• There are 11 cars confirmed as totaled. The most notable of these is a cortez silver 4speed with p/s that was wrecked by Yenko salesperson James Spencer. James suffered a stroke while driving the YDN, and drove head-on into a bridge abutment. James survived, but the totaled YDN was left behind the dealership for several years before being hauled away. That car is still titled under ‘Yenko Leasing’, and was a total write off.&quot;&quot;
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 02-18-2014, 06:05 PM

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Good stats as per usual Marlin. It cracks me up when I read your post &quot;...and therefore a <span style="font-style: italic">relatively high percentage </span><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">(33%)</span></span> of cars retain their original drive trains.&quot; I thot <span style="font-style: italic">ALL</span> hipo cars for sale today still retain their original engines [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] (if I read their for sale ads correctly)! 33%, in my mind, is not a high percentage but is realistic. </span>

Old 02-18-2014, 06:58 PM

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;Do the Day 2 parts go with the car?&quot;</span> <span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="font-style: italic">YES!</span> </span>