Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 06-09-2018, 08:37 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default So what's in a name, anyway???

Hmmmm, Yenko.net. Create an account. OK. Create a user name? Hmmmmm...(sound of pencil tapping one's forehead whilst looking skyward) "Username...username....What's a catchy username????"

Which leads me to this thread! I'm not sure if it was posted yet or not, since I can't get the search function to work on this thing. Which, based on my Native American heritage, I was going to go with BigChiefNoSearch as my username, but it was taken so I decided on A12pilot. Why A12pilot? Many think that it's because of the Beater Bee and it being an A12 then adding to that, being a pilot, was the natural selection. Well if you think that, you'd be wrong. The A12 is a road that runs Northeast/South in England from London and the Coastal town of Lowestoft where, on special occassions, Pilot whales congregate. I'm an avid whale watcher (only on TV) and with my English heritage (Hello? I'm from NEW Jersey...where was the OLD one? Engand!!!) so I thought merging them together would be just a natural thing to do!

OK, well actually it's because of the car, and also the A12 was the predecessor to my dream machine, the SR-71. So there's some aviation in there being a pilot and the car thing added to boot! Many don't know the early A12 designation of the SR-71, but some do.

So how'd you decide on your name?

Cheers

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
SS427 (06-11-2018)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry xmasshow (600x450).jpg Conventionhallchristmas (800x600).jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-09-2018, 08:43 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,510 Times in 725 Posts

Creativity is not my forte

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
Old 06-09-2018, 08:46 PM

Thanked 1,120 Times in 639 Posts

Back in 2000 when I got a computer and hooked up on the internet I was trying to find some information on a L88 intake manifold that I've had for many years. I found a Camaro sight and someone who had a COPO Camaro and I wanted some information from them. I tried the user name gear head because I had my own rear end shop at the time. That name was taken, so I added big to the beginning of it. I've been big gear head on many different sights for 18 years now.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:49 PM

Thanked 136,487 Times in 22,778 Posts

I thought about using a "cutesy" name. But I feared I would get tired of it quickly. So I used the KISS Principal . . . My "born with" (lol) first and middle names.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Stewart For This Useful Post:
Charley Lillard (06-10-2018)
Old 06-09-2018, 10:58 PM

"m22mike". and yes I knew about the A12' back when you were a little geezer stay safe my pilot buddies
Old 06-09-2018, 11:48 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Hmmm....I thought you must have liked firecrackers????? Wait, those are M80s.....

Cheers

Dave
Old 06-10-2018, 03:42 AM

One morning, several years back, I contemplated joining a car site where I could have some fun and gain a few friendships along the way. That morn, I was sitting at the table eating my favorite cereal and I happen to notice this guy’s face on my milk carton. Said he was wanted by the Feds, as I recall. So this was all happening when I contemplated joining this site. That guy on the milk carton, I thought to myself, hey, I want to stay anonymous on this site and if I just use this milk carton guy’s name as an alias, well, I can muster the courage behind this guy’s name that I could share my life quest of reliving my semi adulthood. You know, when you were old enough to drive, yet carefree and did not carry insurance, or have your own place, yet old enough to have your hands all over some girl in the back row of the drive in, but young enough not to make a commitment. When you were young enough not to care about world peace or what gold was trading at, yet old enough to work all week at a meaningless job so you would have enough jingle at the end of the week so you could buy a new Holley and fill up with 260. Then you would go off to your real job of raking in cash in match races, busting them off on some remote straightaway backroad. Got into plenty of trouble and antics, ‘cause we were young and life was day by day and we were immortal. Oh, that guy’s name? Yep, one keystroke at a time I type in that guy, the one on the milk carton, C-h-a-r-l-e-y L-i-l-l-a-r-d... I hit enter! Comes back as taken! Crap, now what? Oh well, I was a pretty decent mechanic. Built some hot engines, loved big block Chevies, was a wiz at tuning too. I gained the moniker “big block Benny”, short for the more awkward Bentley. I would always get, “why do they call you that (Bentley)?”, as if I had a vote when the time came to naming me? Hopefully not to confuse, but when I saw bbbenny, I thought, what the hey, I’m bbbentley which is a lot easier than my other site’s user name of “ko-lek-tor”, which the “spell correct” function goes into spasms and seizures and gives me fits. How’s that Dave?

69 SS/RS 396 M20 X22 Nor 12B,72B,712 bought 1979
FULL OWNER HISTORY
69 Dick Harrell tribute Day II 427 M20 4.10 X11 76 orig pnt, 711
67 Super Stock 302 Camaro re-creation

Last edited by bbbentley; 06-10-2018 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:58 AM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

Mine is pretty easy....and was thought of way back when AOL had a limit on the number of characters for your "screen name".

Xplantdad is slang for transplant dad, i.e. "father of Holly...who is a heart transplant"

The Following User Says Thank You to Xplantdad For This Useful Post:
'69Novajoe (06-11-2018)
Old 06-10-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplantdad View Post
Mine is pretty easy....and was thought of way back when AOL had a limit on the number of characters for your "screen name".

Xplantdad is slang for transplant dad, i.e. "father of Holly...who is a heart transplant"

And the best handle ever
Old 06-10-2018, 12:08 PM

I came to the show (forum) relatively late and tried about a half dozen of my favorites which are usually the ones I have on other forums just to stay consistent. All were taken. Then I used an abbreviation of my town with my first name. I'm not real creative either.