Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2004, 06:41 AM

Default Mr70's awsum L78

Since the First time my Father carried me into a Local Chevrolet Dealership in the late 60's,I was forever fascinated with all the Cars Chevrolet Designed,as well as the Merchandising of them to the Public.As I grew older,one car stood out among the rest to me.The 1970 Chevelle Super Sport. From then on I collected and researched as much as I could about it,as well as all the other Chevrolet Cars from that period. Once the Finances allowed it,I bought a Car that I felt was Just right For me.

This Chevelle was delivered to R&S Chevrolet In Joplin Missouri on Oct.30th,1969.Once it was sold to it's first owner,it was soon Reposessed by the Finance Co. It was then Sold again to a Mark Copeland in Joplin,who enjoyed racing it on the local Blvds. Life Beckoned,and he soon had to move onto lifes other issues.He stored it away until 1988,when well known Collector Randy Miller bought it,with plans of restoring it, but sold it to pursue a car from his youth later on.Richard Plemmons Completed a Full Frame off rotisserie restoration in 1994.And to this day,I continued to give it my full attention to detail. It has been shown at past Chevelle Showdowns,and current Chevelle-Abrations when possible,and other National Midwest gatherings. One of only 2144 1970 Chevelle L78's Built briefly in the beginning of the 1970 Model year,it still retains it's original 375HP engine,TH400 Auto Trans.,(Less then half Built received this),and 4:10 Posi rear end. Painted the Correct Cranberry Red with a Medium Red Bucket seat Interior,along with the Std. Z-25 SS package,it also came with RPO ZL-2 Cowl Ind.Hood,and U14 Gauges,according to its Buildsheet.It's Odometer still shows the 46,000 miles it has traveled. While Participating at last Novembers Chicagos VetteFest,it was in Good Company Achieving a second Top Gun award.It's second in as many years.I enjoy Driving and maintaining it,but look forward to one day being able to Participate in an Annual PMCSDR event,and continue to making Good Friends along the way!

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...