Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Yenko Chevrolet

Old 02-16-2017, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Photo of 68 Camaro's at Kenny Ross Chevrolet ?

Nelson, please run a I.P. address check ....it will say Santiago, Dominican Republic, and yes I am out of the country. please take the time to read the old threads I posted, you are still very quick to attack someone , does any one else have first hand knowledge of the in question 6 yenko camaros. Answer me one question, why has that car not sold?? much time and many auctions.....did you ever find the early history? And yes all the posts I put on this site I was in the DR, no way to look over paperwork in usa. I am still concerned about the fact that 8016 was purchased by me in march 68, and I read years ago it was built in april 68, this should be a clue to something? Not attacking you or the owner of 8011, just saying what I saw in 1968 and the records I read a few years later dont match with that car (8011) and by the lack of interest of someone buying 8011, I know you have people on this site that can buy that car, maybe you should ask some members why the lack of interest in buying 8011?..............
Old 02-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,688 Times in 996 Posts

8016...Dana happens to be asking top of the market money for his car and that is probably why it has not sold. When Kurt said your car was built in March I am assuming he has seen the trim tag off the car you think is fake. We know what orig and fake trim tags look like. I knew of Danas Yenko long before he bought and restored it and have no doubt it is real. Since you claim not to be able to access your records or pics because you are out of country I will probably prevent you from posting claims you can't back up until maybe someday you are back in the states. We can't let you continue to trash someone's car without facts.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:14 AM

Charley, I said the car was built in April. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

All the VINs for the 6 Kline cars are known and all are April cars. That is in the Yenko paperwork. The cars weren't shipped from Yenko until about June.
YS-8008 has/had paperwork with the car and also is Fathom Blue.

I have no dog in this fight, but the facts and memories aren't lining up. Send me some data and I'll take a look at it.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:55 AM

Just for clarification, The 8011 car has not been actively advertised by me for over 3 years now. Hence my signature. And NO ONE has ever sighted a problem with the condition, restoration or verification of this car. I'm kinda private about the sale or purchase of cars anyways. My real Trim Tag shows 4B as the date. I believe that is as early as you can be with a 68 9737?? The inventory sheet shows the dates of conversion and delivery to Kline. Way after March 68. That is the first thing I noticed but I was trying to not prolong this thread.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:17 PM

Dana - MBTMF......thats what i say!!

68 COPO Camaro 9737 non-converted YENKO
69 YENKO SC Camaro, Hugger Orange - born with engine!
Old 02-18-2017, 12:43 AM

Having restored many Yenko's over the years, and currently working on a O4B 1968 Yenko, I have learned a thing or two about them over the years. There is NO doubt in my opinion that YS 8011 is 100% the real deal. Why would anyone put that time and effort, not to mention the funds it takes to restore a top level 1968 Yenko without doing their homework. Not all these cars are carbon copies of one another. A few non COPO's were built as well, but the bulk being COPOs. Hand built cars are one of a kind. Placement of specialized equipment varies from car to car. Tach location, tach style and even the placement of the SW monitor box are not consistent. Factory D80 cars are mixed in with Yenko add on spoilers models and the seldom seen one piece trunk/spoiler unit. The hoods on some cars retained the factory springs, others the springs removed with a rudimentary prop rod supplied to the owners. Again differences in the holes that were punched into the firewalls for the additional gauges differ. As for Yenko issuing twin tags is highly suspect to me. Record keeping was not state of the art, with most cars records were kept just on paper. Typos are evident in the Yenko paperwork. So even that can be sometimes be misinterpreted . Only a few years ago was it proven that some 68's received the FIRST batch of Atlas wheels. A notion that was laughed at years ago. Another new revelation on the 68 cars was the winter block off plate for the open air hood. Something I only learned about a few years ago. Even after interviewing Yenko mechanics nobody recalled that detail. Rick and Dana did their due diligence on their car. To say anything different is absurd. Rick is among the best restoration guys out there. He's proven his and Dana's case without question..BKH
The Following User Says Thank You to bkhpah For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (04-02-2020)
Old 02-18-2017, 01:25 AM

Thanks Brian
You of all people, and others on this site, realize the effort involved with properly restoring one of these cars. I know Rick and I threw questions at you during the restoration and after it was done. The Devil is in the details is an understatement. You were more than gracious helping whenever you could. We both appreciate it. The person making these claims is a wealth of mis-information, and I guess it started to get under my nerves. Fake news I guess [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]
Thanks to everyone who has come to the cars defense. The best part of the journey was making a lot of new friends.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

So I guess we still aren't gonna see this elusive paperwork?
Old 03-11-2017, 05:28 AM

Very interesting thread.

I'm curious what the Atlas wheels which were fitted to the early 68's looked like.

Can anyone post a picture of them please?
Old 03-11-2017, 03:24 PM

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,977 Posts

'
Click on this linked thread for Atlas Rim info/pics Joe & others have shared here previously...
https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthrea...ght=atlas+1968

~ PETE

Attached Images

Last edited by PeteLeathersac; 03-14-2017 at 02:48 PM.