Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Yenko Chevrolet

Old 02-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Photo of 68 Camaro's at Kenny Ross Chevrolet ?

Curious to see what wheels were on the 68 Yenko's at Kline. All Rallye II's? Any 68 Atlas mag cars? Also did the cars retain the painted steel wheel in the trunk? ..BKH
Old 02-15-2017, 10:45 PM

Sorry to be so late, was on the ocean with no computer. all the kline cars had the pontiac rallys, with trim rings. I was also concerned years ago when I first read the build date on ys 8016 was april 68. I am sure the purchase date was march 68. that and a number of other facts ( the colors of some of the kline cars)have made me question some of the known facts,about these cars. I think the known facts are probably new compared to what I saw when I bought the first of the six and saw all six together, and a few years later I was in sales at Kline chev and saw the paperwork on all 6. I do want to get in another pi33ing contest, but my info is I am sure the first and the best, remember I was in the auto business for app. 40 years. I also was back in the day, a young man, that liked and bought several of these muscle cars, and raced them. If you look back on my posts from years ago, on this site my moniker was original owner, I was half owner of another 68 kline yenko, which I still am, this car was found long before the current one, ys 8011 was found, mine is also ys 8011 and is island teal. Now you can understand some of my concern over the current records. kline had only 6 68 yenkos, 6 have been found, 2 with same ys #. that is why I told the person who was restoring the later ys 8011 I was sure that car was the wrong color and wrong ys #, ohh and BKH the 68 kline cars had painted steel wheels in the trunk.........YS 8016 Almost forgot, when I talked to Mike Guarise years ago, when he was the owner of 8016, he told me some of the yenko tags, on the door pillar were switched, 8016 had the tag from 8013, and 13 had the tag from 16, and others were switched. Sorry to add more confusion to cars that are already about 50 years old. things were done over the years for $$$$ only. remember back in the day these where just cars that were very fast I think no one guessed they would become what they are today............
Old 02-15-2017, 11:07 PM

Thanked 3,688 Times in 996 Posts

Can we see pics of both 8011 trim tags ?
Old 02-15-2017, 11:23 PM

Pics of my tags and vins have been on this site since 2006. The car has been verified, judged and shown many times around the country. I also obviously researched the car deeply before I bought it. This guys posts are complete BS. Charley, please delete this guys posts and lock this down. He has slandered Rick, my car and me long enough. He has no proof or basis for what he is saying, he is trying to devalue the car and smear the people involved with it, please don't facilitate him any longer. This is beyond trolling.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:29 AM

Thanked 3,688 Times in 996 Posts

Dana. I believe you have the real car. I would like to see if he actually has anything. So far his taking delivery of it a month before it was built is pretty telling.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:26 AM

It is true that the tag numbers don't always match the Yenko paperwork.
8016 on the paperwork is 8014 tag on the car.
But that doesn't affect the statements being made....
Old 02-16-2017, 12:27 PM

If you will look closely on these two VINS, they are NOT switched on the VIN list, they are switched between the two list. The VIN list has them, I believe as they should be, the Registry list has them reversed. This switch is solely between 8014 and 8016. This is exactly the reason I was asking 8016 about his paperwork and his car. IF he does have the papers he says he does OR would send the photo of his tags, like he has said that he would do, then we might accidentally find out about this switch in numbers!

Bryan

1968 RS Z/28 12E R2 749, A02, AS2, U17
1969 Z/28 05A 52-52 719, U17, VE3, ZL2
Old 02-16-2017, 03:23 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is true that the tag numbers don't always match the Yenko paperwork.
8016 on the paperwork is 8014 tag on the car.
But that doesn't affect the statements being made.... </div></div>

YS 8011's Yenko tag and it's vin have always matched on every document. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe all of the 68 Copo 9737 cars with a dash dash -- paint code are painted Fathom Blue? Including the give away car and other member's cars on this site. 8011 was found bearing it's original paint and fender showing the emblem original placement. This guy has been promising to show paperwork for years regarding his cars and none has surfaced. I am waiting...With Charley
Old 02-16-2017, 06:08 PM

Thanked 3,856 Times in 998 Posts

What kills me is that some a$$hat comes on here making accusations about people and a car claiming to have proof allowing people to play into it, effecting not only Dana's but also mine and the car's reputation, not coming forth with said information or photos and/or paperwork, not available and &quot;out of the country&quot; and possibly hurting the value of this car and our reputation. I am not worried about most people on here as they know way more about these cars and their history than I do, it is the other people on the net that worry me that do not know the car or us. Even if this thread is deleted it is ALWAYS on the net thereby causing potential damage. If one wants to talk legal libel, this is it and we are not talking a small monetary amount! Just because you think you are a hard a$$ behind the keyboard will not make you one in front of a judge. Our country is proud of it's freedom of speech laws but you damn well better have proof of what comes out your a$$ or it could get very costly for you. Why don't you stop in the shop sometime and introduce yourself personally instead of using your keyboard as a protective shield.

Dana and I spent literally hundreds of hours documenting and searching the history of this car and anyone that follows me on Facebook knows that it still continues to this day as I follow every lead that comes up. I have over 2400 photos of this car before, during and after it's restoration PROVING everything about this car that we have found from emblem placement, tach and gauges, sway bar, Yenko spoiler, original paint, etc. At least I can put my money where my mouth is and more importantly when it will matter most, we CAN prove it.

Dana and I played your games in the beginning Bob being very much a gentleman exchanging emails, looking to get more history out of this car and playing into your false promises. As far as my mouth outrunning my brain, I intend to prove you wrong. Unfortunately I have to find you first and that venture is currently underway. I would tell you to put up or shut up but we are now way beyond that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 02-16-2017, 06:48 PM

Charlie, Dana, I would like to say first, that I am on your side and support you both and this site and the cars. I would like to ask before it happens, when the time comes, please EXTRACT the needed material that has contaminated this thread. I have seen the contamination and this thread didn't have anything to do with it. Several contributors have inserted ads and such that we would like to continue in the future.

Thanks,
Bryan

1968 RS Z/28 12E R2 749, A02, AS2, U17
1969 Z/28 05A 52-52 719, U17, VE3, ZL2