Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 03-13-2007, 09:46 PM

Default 1966 NOVA SS L79 SURVIVOR16.900 MILES

This L79 was purchsed by me last year from the son of the original owner (original title-protecto-plate). This car was purchased and then modified for the street racing and track racing. I have over 50 photos of the car from new until now including pictures at the drags. The original block comes with the car and has external only water jacket cracks. The standard bore is excellent and this block can be reused. The car has a correct L79 block one week off the original blocks production. The heads, intake and distributor are the originals, as is the air cleaner. The reproduction valve covers were placed on the new engine because the son thought they would look better. I will reinstall the originals as they came with the car, also the G.M. 488 ring & pinion and aluminum flywheel goes with this car. The rear airlift bags (brackets still on the car) and race shocks from 1966 go with this car as well, so if you want you can wind it up just as it was when it was raced. The transmission is an M21 close ratio original to the car. The Hurst Linkage is also vintage and was installed by the original owner. The rear housing is the original; you can see weld marks on the exterior tube where ladder bars were connected. The original owner's son said his dad consistently got the front wheels one foot off the ground. All mechanical is in excellent condition. The car is very tight. The son replaced all the front bushings a few years back; the chrome is excellent as this car has always been garaged. The front bumper has marks on it from the tow bar taking the car to the track; the rear bumper has a ding in it from backing into a post, no body damage. The paint is very nice original Marina Blue, not repainted. Two spots on the body were color blended not repainted, the trunk deck lid when the owner dropped his tow bar on it and the mother scraped the lower portion of the right front fender, as they had a one car garage. The hood pins were installed so the hood wouldn't pop up at high speeds by the original owner. The grill is like new as is all the SS moldings, trim and stainless. The original trunk die cast has no pitting. The rubber, glass, seats, carpet, door panels and headliner are excellent, no rips or tears. All gauges work including radio and even the original clock works. Vintage S/W gauges and the original sun tach they place in this car. If this car doesn't sell for the asking price there will be no hurt feelings. The car comes with the original rims and hub caps. The tires and wheels currently on the car are from one of my other cars. Asking $95,000.00. Call 707-246-4662 (days)

For pictures: http://www.designbydevin.com/persona...p?g2_itemld=12

Double click on pictures to super size.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1966 NOVA SS L79 SURVIVOR16.900 MILES

That is just plain awesome!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:38 AM

If that is what a Survivor 66 L-79 is going for, what are fully restored Correct to the Nth degree numbers matching original drivetrain ones going for
Old 03-14-2007, 03:08 AM

survivor,#s car with docs....
Old 03-14-2007, 04:07 AM

Can I have some cheese to?

Sean
Old 03-14-2007, 10:55 AM

Wow!! Except for the Interior color (I had Bright Blue), that's a duplicate of the car I bought in April of 66 from Hoskin's Chevrolet when they were still on Irving Park rd in Chicago.........L79's Rock......If I was smart like Cumby......I would still have it.......

Ken

The Best things in life......Aren't Things