Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-22-2015, 04:23 PM

Default Re: '66 ZL1 Corvette

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nasblu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Although not typical,80lb oil gauges have been found on 66 documented original L36 corvettes, but in most cases 60lb gauges were used. </div></div>

I meant to say that 80lb oil pressure gauges have been found in documented original 1966 L-36 corvettes. Not that there are only 66 of them produced. The(production totals) of 60lb vs 80lb gauge is obviously unknown.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

From photos alone, the position of the hood support on the pass side is the most telling feature that this was originally a SB car.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:28 PM

When GTO Don's green Corvette was sold on Ebay on September 10, 2014 it went for $44,950. It was at Rick Downey Chevrolet and I spoke with the salesman (owner), Larry.

I don't know what you paid for it, but that was the market then and apparently now.

Dandy Don
Old 09-23-2015, 01:10 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DandyDon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When GTO Don's green Corvette was sold on Ebay on September 10, 2014 it went for $44,950. It was at Rick Downey Chevrolet and I spoke with the salesman (owner), Larry.

I don't know what you paid for it, but that was the market then and apparently now.

Dandy Don </div></div>What makes you the authority on what it was worth then and now???? I don't know why your even bringing it up when I clearly have it on eBay for sale now? Maybe your just trying to ruin my auction? For your information which is none of your business anyway the car was bought off ebay by Mecum and they took it to the muscle car nationals and that's where I bought it from for considerably more. Did I make a mistake? Maybe but that's my business. I guess we'll find out out soon what the market value is being you consider yourself and eBay an authority. Thanks for such an informative post Dandy Don.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:26 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,791 Times in 1,605 Posts

----D Don,,,The car is worth more than $44,950 plain and simple. It was a deal at that price. That's why Mecum bought it. Markets change, sometimes vastly. The car is worth more no matter how it started out life......Bill S
Old 09-23-2015, 03:35 AM

I remember when I had my custom paint 68 chevelle for sale on here an it fell on deaf ears then after I sold it on eBay I still get calls from people wanting to buy it and where did it go? Where were they when I was selling it? It will be the same with this car. I'll probably be sorry after its gone like I still am over the chevelle. I'm just to fickle and like to change the faces. This is the reason alot of people are private when selling their cars because of someone who's always in their business where they don't belong plain and simple.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:59 AM

Judging by the county code on the plates... Looks to be from Carson City originally... I need to pay more attention..... That's only a couple of hours from here... BTW - I used to live up there...
Old 09-23-2015, 01:42 PM

Thanked 1,382 Times in 671 Posts

GTO DON, I loved your Chevelle as well as this Vette (we must have similar tastes).

Best of luck with the sale, and if you don't get all the money for that Vette, people are dumb.
John 10:30
Old 09-23-2015, 02:07 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RAIIIT/A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Judging by the county code on the plates... Looks to be from Carson City originally... I need to pay more attention..... That's only a couple of hours from here... BTW - I used to live up there... </div></div>Yes good catch. Car spent all its life in Carson city. I didn't know you could figure that from the tags.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:01 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTO_DON</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DandyDon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When GTO Don's green Corvette was sold on Ebay on September 10, 2014 it went for $44,950. It was at Rick Downey Chevrolet and I spoke with the salesman (owner), Larry.

Dandy Don </div></div>What makes you the authority on what it was worth then and now???? I don't know why your even bringing it up when I clearly have it on eBay for sale now? Maybe your just trying to ruin my auction? For your information which is none of your business anyway the car was bought off ebay by Mecum and they took it to the muscle car nationals and that's where I bought it from for considerably more. Did I make a mistake? Maybe but that's my business. I guess we'll find out out soon what the market value is being you consider yourself and eBay an authority. Thanks for such an informative post Dandy Don. </div></div>

Hey GTO Don; you're the one that was bitching in your original post that everyone was offering you $45K for the car and you wondered why? I simply answered you with what I knew about the car. It is worth whatever someone will pay for it. Mecum bought it and you bought it from them, so you obviously felt it was worth the price.
Personally, I like the car very much. I've owned many award winning Corvettes and got burned out on original matching number cars. I am looking for a flared C2 NOM coupe as we speak. That is why I inquired about the Green Car. I guess you'll find out soon enough if someone wants to pay your price. Don't ask questiomns in a post and then get pissed off when you get an answer you don't like.

Dandy Don