Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1969 Camaro L89 with JL8 option at Kissimmee

Looks like that address is now a Boat storage facility....

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 01-20-2014, 05:25 PM

The AutoNation Chevy store is at that same address. A friend of mine was the aftermarket sales manager there and I was in the building 5 years ago. AutoNation bought up a lot of dealerships in the early 2000s.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:30 PM

Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,173 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwhizz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like that address is now a Boat storage facility.... </div></div>

You are correct.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:32 PM

Also find it funny that the last vin out the door in September was 692602 and yet this vin (690139) was ORDERED on October 28. Quite a trick.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:26 AM

Typical of L89 cars.......

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 01-21-2014, 03:12 PM

Odd stuff with dates. 6 months after JL8 was available. I am going to auction tomorrow. Should have left yesterday. Minus 10 wind chill appeared again
Old 01-23-2014, 05:18 AM

I can't speak for the car but I can speak for the lore surronding the owner,
&quot;Kenny Wright&quot; who stunk &amp; didn't bathe according to a local restorer.
The local restorer was chasing after the hoarding nutcase to shake out three rusted projects that had been sitting out in the front yard for 40yds. In fact, as the story goes, the restorer cuts a deal with Kenny all agreed, &amp; before the restorer could return with the cash, Kenny had taken a note to the restorer's local shop fence, &quot;Sorry changed my mind&quot;. So no cars ever for the restorer but the case for this guy Kenny having a number of intersting big block cars (that he bought on time, new from the local Jim Quinliin Chevrolet in Clearwater, FL) is strong. Eventually Kenny up &amp; died &amp; the girlfriend sold off the cars, maybe 5 years ago. A buyer up in the Brooksville, FL area secures a few of the really good ones. The black JL8/L-89 car was one of them. I've seen the car final fininshed for Mecum at the SAME restorer's shop who missed out on the three cars out in the front yard years ago (two were a butternut camaro 68 L-35 car &amp; a 1970 big block camaro)I've also seen copies of the orginal Jim Quinlinn docs (in the resto shop with the car) &amp; they all show matching Kenny Wright signature's that are impressive, regardless. The dealer invoice in particular is impressive in authenticy &amp; looks legit. Interestingly enough I ran across the location of a small block Z street legend, by chance, snooping around &amp; asking questions. So I located his house &amp; the not running 1968 Camaro tunnel rammed rocket was still in the garage. I once vistied the car/owner 32 years ago &amp; what a bizarre step back in time this was....... I saw the car in its' then prime when the then feared 35 YO owner was crisp &amp; ready to throw it down on the street. I eventually questioned him about Kenny Wright (after talking at length about his car &amp; parts) &amp; he said, &quot;Yep I knew Kenny, he had all big block camaros over there; I was the small block king, but we never raced&quot;.

So the restorer accounts for the original owner &amp; his front yard cars, not knowing off what was out back. There were more cars out back &amp; the buyer of the black JL8/L-89 car was reported as hopping the back fence to get a look under the hood of the non running/tarped car super car. After lifting the ajar hood &amp; seeing the AL heads,the buyer quickly closed the hood, hopped back over the fence, rushed back out front to close the deal before the others showed up with their money/offers. It was that hot a local car topic at eventual go time. People had been hounding Kenny non-stop for years. He might have been been a stinking idiot who didn't take a bath &amp; let his cars go, but, the guy had plenty of insight to order the cars he did (buying them on time),putting them up, knowing all along he really had something special.
Then the grilfriend went on took the money &amp; run.......

And that's all I know
Old 01-23-2014, 06:43 AM

1. How about filling out a profile with a real name?
You can look at mine. Anonymously coming on a forum and &quot;vouching&quot; for the validity of a car is questionable at best.
2. How would you know that the &quot;copies of the orginal Jim Quinlinn docs (in the resto shop with the car) &amp; they all show matching Kenny Wright signature's that are impressive, regardless. The dealer invoice in particular is impressive in authenticy &amp; looks legit.&quot;??? What were you comparing them to? Yes they look legit to the untrained eye.

3. Can you explain how a car that had already rolled off the line in Sept was <span style="font-weight: bold">ordered</span> on Oct. 28?

4. By the &quot;restorer&quot; you mean Edward J. O'Donnell?

5. Girlfriend's name? BTW just being someone's girlfriend doesn't entitle you to sell the car. Are you talking about Cindy? It also doesn't jive with Mr. O'Donnell's story that he bought the car from the original owner.

I am calling BS until I see a copy of the signed title from Kenneth Wright to Edward J. O'Donnell. Seriously, if I had purchased a one owner L89, I damn sure would have run a copy of the title before turning it in for transfer to my name. Anyone who didn't do that would be a fool.
If the car has been in Florida since new, it should be easy to trace the title.

The facts (so far):

1. This car did not come with JL8, not if it was ordered on Oct 28, long after the JL8 option was discontinued.
2. This car rolled out of the factory in Sept., but was somehow special ordered Oct 28.
3. This car did not come with the ducted hood or there would be a hole above the fuse block hole.
4. This car did not come with a tach, as it clearly does not have the gauge package, and without the other gauges, it would have a smaller (17/32) hole below the fuse block for the tach wire.
5. This car did not come with a rear spoiler. Pictures in progress clearly show a hole in the RR quarter for rear antennae, something that was not available with rear spoiler.

Would like to see a clear pic of the engine stamp, partial vin stamps on the engine and trans, and the trim tag.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:57 AM

hey dblclutchkid,

R U da guy wit da hemi in da river?? or da ZL-1 tow truck??
....or U da guy dat was gonna take 40 bikers and go buy dat der Yenko Camaro?

seriously, I'm just kidding... I hope the story is all true !!! Would be an awesome car !!!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:18 PM

The Blacked out tail panel is a nice touch. Must be for real L89 Cars only.