Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-03-2018, 10:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

Crazy idea but if you could track the person associated with that SS# on the ID pad, you might have the original owner of that engine and could get some history on it.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
... and more importantly, what would a real world value be of it since he has finally decided to let some of his stuff go.
Hey Boss
the last completed listing on eBay for one that was damaged / repaired and a little loose around the edges - went for 10k bare block . B-I-N .

real world - he's going to probably have to go to eBay and pay the commissions. Maybe as a package it'll catch the wind like the auction for the Ram V engine that had the cast exhaust manifolds with it.

That was a fancy deal that found the real world.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:30 PM

I would have to agree with the OTC block. Just like mine. I searched for mine and did get the complete shortblock with waterpump and spare rotating assembly for less then people are saying bare blocks are. Mine was painted orange and used in a steel block class for dirt racing.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you exactly what the $$$ is for that set-up? You parts look rougher than my stuff was (rusty springs and hardware etc probably from sitting). Heres a thread of my stuff:

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=138426

I'd be cleaning as much as you can and pulling the head studs, dead give-a-way that this was built and beat on.

I've talked to guys like you that have complete engines for $20K and less. There's a local block still new in crate floating back and forth between owners for 7500. I offered $8,000. So as far as $$$, that's tough?? You get "427KING" being a business might offer more and sit on it. Didn't he buy like 5 ZL1 blocks in 1 week a couple years ago? I hate to say this, but to get the most $$$, he would probably be better off parting it somewhat. People usually like to buy the "bulk deal" price and could lowball or reduce what the parts are worth if he separated it? But he also might want it to stay complete and that's more important than $$$$. IDK

Good luck
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)