Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Ebay & other seen ads section

Please note

Old 01-16-2018, 11:50 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

I bought a 66 Acadian Canso off the back lot when I was working for a GM dealership in Winnipeg at the age of 18. I spent many of my paychecks buying NOS parts through the dealership in 1983 and had just finished the body off in primer when a neighbor saw the car and asked if I'd sell it? He kept offering more money until the offer was one I couldn't say no to.

Love these cars and this white one is pretty cool.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcDant View Post
Do you think the population difference has any thing to do with desirability .
I think it does to some extent, but a bigger issue is the time and expense to restore an Acadian. Very few were built, so there is virtually no reproduction parts market for exterior trim, tail lights, badges, etc. Same for the interiors, which until 1967, were different than Chevy IIs. The saving grace is that bodies and drive trains were the same as Chevy II. Because the few Acadians that were built all sold new in Canada, they tended to suffer from the winters and untold numbers eventually just disappeared. As a result, good used parts are difficult to find, too. There are owners who have been driving around for years with only partial side trim, because the pieces they need just don't seem to exist. Acadians were just a notch up from the Chevy II in stature with things like cast metal grills and tail light bezels. This was reflected in their price with a base 1966 Acadian Canso Sport Deluxe priced at $25 more than an equivalent Nova SS!!!

Bob
Old 01-17-2018, 04:13 PM

This Acadian is a fairly rare bird, even up here in Canada but is way over priced in my opinion. It will never bring the same $$$ as a Chevy. The big $$$ has always been in the USA and most Americans don't really know much about the Beaumont's or Acadian models thus they stay clear of paying up. There recently was a beautiful Butter Nut Yellow 1966 Chevy 11 sell at the Mecuum Action n Florida for $65K fully restored with paperwork. As Bob previously mentioned, exterior trim pieces are super rare and unless you been stock pilling parts over the years, these cars are extremely difficult to restore. I know of a guy here in Manitoba who has travelled all over Canada for parts. Chevrolet Nova or Chevelle is the way to go. They will always bring strong money for the right car. This particular car is priced $20-$25K to high.
1970 Nova (Sold)
1966 Impala SS396 (Sold)
1995 Camaro Z28 1LE (Sold)
Old 01-19-2018, 09:46 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Ryan,

Ryan, you are correct about this 1966 Acadian VIN 671637004439 being painted.

I called the seller (second owner) and he was nice enough to discuss the complete history of this car. Here are some points that he brought up during our conversation that he felt I needed to be aware of.

1. The complete car had been painted by the original owner. The reason was due to the fenders being bad on the top next to the hinges. The fenders had been removed and repaired or replaced. Also the right rear quarter has had some body work done to it. The seller indicated that you could see the sanding marks in the paint from the paint/body job.

2. The engine had been removed and rebuilt by the original owner due to a loss in oil pressure.

He also told me that he use to wrench on this car when it was still owned by the original owner and that is how he ended up with the car.

I have no idea how it can be advertised as being "unrestored".

Paul