Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 12-24-2017, 06:35 PM

I think I may have sat in this car when it was in the showroom. I was 10.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagda View Post
I think I may have sat in this car when it was in the showroom. I was 10.
At this point...which car?
Old 12-25-2017, 01:46 PM

The OP Deuce. I have told this story a few times on here. Went with my dad to get a new car in 1970 at W.R. Austin and there was a Deuce sitting in the showroom. My memory is telling me it was Dusk Blue, but considering it was almost 50 years ago, who can be sure. It was a dark color. Smaller dealership. Probably not too many Yenkos going through W.R. Austin, but there was also an Olympic Gold Camaro, which is still in the original owners hands. I was 10. Hopped in the Deuce and pretend ran it through the gears, making race car noises, until the sales guy kicked me out. Begged my dad to get the Deuce, but he settled on a six cyl, 3 on the tree Duster, literally no options...

I am positive the floor had the rubber mat, and it was a manual. Also, I may know what happened to the original engine and trans. About 6 years later, I was 16 and got my first car, 1969 Z/28 Camaro! It was having trouble shifting, and my engine was making noises, not knowing anything, I thought I needed a new engine and transmission. Found both listed in our local for sale paper, "The Bargain News" about a mile from my house. Pull in the driveway, there is a Yenko Deuce, dark color, engine gone, trans in the trunk. At the time, I thought it was the same one. Norwalk was small town back then. I bought the trans, but didn't need it (it was the clutch), so I sold it to LaJoie's salvage yard. Rebuilt the 302 instead. Ronnie LaJoie was a classmate of mine, so we had excellent access to his dad's yard.

I also remember a Dusk Blue automatic in town, although I don't know if it came from Austin. I clearly remember the Hurst shifter with the auto pattern on the knob.

Last edited by TMagda; 12-25-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schonyenko2 View Post
THAT IS THE LOOK! Almost laced the sail pillars on my deuce back in the day. Hell, maybe I still will.

Taz, we've never been able to find/document a red/wht stripe deuce. I could not find an owner of mine who remembered it with stripes. We went with white as the deuce in the Ernst collection had white. Found later that it had black stripes, but Cliff wanted white. Englers Fencil sold deuce came to us with no stripes. It had lost it's stripes early on and one of the owners thought it might have been white.Mr. Ed Schoenthaler, who sold the car, in a discussion with Frank Magallion said it had black. So, your car from Rogers would be the only confirmed red/white striped deuce out there if we could confirm it. See why we get excited.
I'll be checking with people around Rantoul that may remember the Deuce ... TAZ
Old 01-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagda View Post
I also remember a Dusk Blue automatic in town, although I don't know if it came from Austin. I clearly remember the Hurst shifter with the auto pattern on the knob.
This blue a/t Deuce was most likely Andy P's Deuce which was sold new at W. R. Austin...
Attached Images

67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
The Following User Says Thank You to YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY For This Useful Post:
TMagda (01-05-2018)