Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Mopar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default Snake Bite!

Sooooooooo.....in between finishing the Beater Bee....tearing apart the Musclestang...and buying a Trans Am....what else is one to do with all this free time?!?! Simple! Buy another car so it can sit like the rest of them do!.

I've always liked these Blue & White 96/97 Gen II GTS Vipers and thought to myself, "Self? If one came up that was the right car, I'd jump in it!". So after much searching, I stumbled upon this original owner 97 GTS. Actually, a coworker of mine has a friend who's a Viper freak and he found the car for me. 28,000 miles, all original, all paperwork/manuals. The gentleman passed away and willed it to the kids who didn't want the car, so enter me!

I quickly became edjumacated with everything Gen II Vipery courtesy of this newfound friend. I was a little intimidated by the car, since the latest thing I've worked on to any serious extent was a 1970 Challenger. I'm not one to get into Fuel Injection, Compooters, and all that jazzy fancy stuff. But, what the heck!? Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Gen II Vipers need things, and especially the ones with no miles on them or ones that have been driven and enjoyed yet not serviced. With 28,000 miles on the clock, some things were done, some things weren't. The car basically needed everything a 1997 somethingorother needs, but it's a Viper and not a Honda and as such, everything is uber expensive! So with wrench in hand, I took the plunge! First up was to ditch those WWII Incendiary Bombs for Catalytic Converters. I know exactly what a pig in a blanket in the oven feels like with these things roasting my fat-a$$ in the interior! So a 3" Corsa with hi-flo cats were installed. A little cutting and welding, but otherwise a bolt in installation and the sound is friggin' awesome!!!!!

Cheers

Dave
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry Vipeb.jpg Vipea.jpg VB1a.jpg S7005607a.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...