Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 01-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts
Default 1970 Challenger T/A

Time to move some metal so I can fund the next car and I already have my eye on two! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] I've owned this car for three years and have put some miles on it and had my fun. I've taken it on several 100 mile round trips at 70-75mph in Houston heat with no issues. Well, some issues...like my back being a ball of sweat by the time I got to my destination, but that's not the car's fault! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img] Anyrate, number's matching 70 Challenger T/A. Dual Fender Tags, Broadcast Sheet, reproduction window sticker, in the T/A registry, previous owner had it verified through Barry Washington on the T/A Registry and had him decode the tag as well. Car is a Burnt Orange Metallic exterior/interior, Ralley dash, Auto-Console, Dual racing mirrors, AM radio with rear speaker, Power Steering, Power Disk Brakes. The only thing I've done to this car in three years of ownership is change the oil and fixed a leaky fuel line. It really is a great driver.

When the car was restored a while back, they added a black vinyl top and changed the interior over to black as well. Makes for a sharp contrast to the Burnt Orange Metallic. To drive on the LA roads, the gears were changed from the stock 3.55 to 3.23 retaining the Sure Grip which is nice at highway speeds. Stock gears come with the car. Also, to prevent bowing of the hood, the hood springs were removed and I use braces to hold the hood up while working on it or at shows. I can reinstall the springs if you wish. The car is a very nice driver, but it's not a concourse restoration. The undercarriage is painted bodycolor and a lot of parts are painted incorrectly, but it shows well. Everything works except the clock. I'm not sure why they put clocks in back then since no car I've owned has had one that ever worked! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/confused.gif[/img]

Asking $55,000 and I feel it's pretty reasonable for a number's matching T/A. I'll have more pictures tomorrow for anyone interested. PM here or email for a phone number. Here's a few pictures for now! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Dave
[email protected]

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-09-2017, 09:24 PM

Thanked 1,363 Times in 662 Posts
Default Re: 1970 Challenger T/A

Love that TA; Good luck with the sale.
John 10:30
Old 01-09-2017, 10:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,812 Times in 993 Posts
Default Re: 1970 Challenger T/A

Beautiful. Love that color!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations