Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > AMC

Old 04-15-2024, 12:32 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Bad. Ass.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:32 PM

Update for today both here and on the amc forum.
Spent some time under the rear of the car getting the gas tank into place and figuring out what rear shocks I need. Ended up figuring out that mid 70’s Matador shocks have the eyelet on the bottom that will work with the different shock mounting with the traction bars. Also spent time inside the car reinstalling the heater box. What a pain in the ass that was holy hell. I ended up having to pull the whole dash forward to slide the box into place. And when I was all done realized the wire that’s supposed to poke out of the heater core hole wasn’t there. So now I get to loosen everything up to try and fish that out. Lucky me.

Otherwise didn’t get too much done. The heater core was a real pain and I was outside playing with my 1 year old son. Little bugger filled the Dominators on the Tunnel Ram with bolts lol.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LetsFNgo For This Useful Post:
big gear head (04-16-2024), Dave Rifkin (04-17-2024), RPOLS3 (04-23-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 12:01 AM

Have a nice sized update today. I’ve been working on stuff but nothing picture worthy. I now have working brakes and my complete fuel system is plumbed from beginning to end.

Started this morning by cleaning out in front of the car and getting it pushed outside. Spent time today getting the interior put together. The carpet isn’t original but was put in the car in the late 70’s. So I decided to keep it. I carpet cleaned it yesterday and got it installed this morning along with the ugly green Javelin seats I picked up.

Next was cleaning the rest of the interior and installing the rear seat. Overall I’m happy with the inside of the car. My dad and I then spent some time cleaning the paint. Or at least starting to. My 1 year old had other plans for us so we gave up on the paint for today.

Overall got quite a bit done. Hopefully my driveshaft is done tomorrow and I can get the trans filled with oil after that and start getting the engine wired up to run.
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LetsFNgo For This Useful Post:
big gear head (04-23-2024), L78_Nova (04-23-2024), markinnaples (04-23-2024), olredalert (04-23-2024), PeteLeathersac (04-25-2024), scuncio (04-23-2024), Tenney (04-23-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 12:47 AM

nice car. i sold one last year. 1971 sc 360. 1 of 19 built, 2 barrel with a 3 speed trans. 1 owner low miles, window sticker, protect o plate, low miles in very good condition. guy that bought it has it running.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:49 AM

Spent some time yesterday going through wiring on the car and was able to get 12 volts to the coil. Then figured what the hell and threw 5 gallons of 100LL in the tank and filled the bowls and the car fired right up. Broke the cam in and got it to idle around 800.
I had initial timing set around 8-10 degrees before it slipped time backing it into the garage and backfired hard enough to pop the dipstick a foot out of the tube. I’ll have to retime it over the weekend and reset the idle. Otherwise I’m happy.
Took it for a quick ride around the block to make sure it shifts. I need to adjust the clutch a touch but again, overall it works just fine. I’m not sure if I can post a video here. If I can’t I’ll put up a couple of screenshots from the vids.
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LetsFNgo For This Useful Post:
big gear head (04-27-2024), BJCHEV396 (04-27-2024), Dave Rifkin (04-27-2024), jer (Yesterday), PeteLeathersac (04-27-2024), Tenney (04-27-2024)