Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 07-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 71 SS Motion

im not really up on 71's. but if it was a big block car, wouldnt the heater hoses come out of the heater box like on the 67-69 camaro's?
11 cts-v black diamond edition wagon 556hp GONE
15 camaro Z/28 white AC brand new
Old 07-10-2010, 01:34 AM

Im pretty sure thats the way the heater core tubes were on all non a/c camaros 70-81 reguardless big block or small block. I could be wrong but I've never seen any different
Old 07-10-2010, 03:10 AM

weirder things than this have been said and turned out true.

&quot;It’s original owner took out the Phase III 454 engine the day that the car was purchased new. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] The motor was installed in a 66 Chevelle race car. A 350 went into this Camaro and it was a daily driver. (the next owner) was handed a box that contained side pipes and a set of headers. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] These items had come with the car when new and had never been installed.&quot;

a phase III Camaro with a side of headers?
dismantle a turn key 11 sec car to mess with a 66 Chevelle ?

sometimes you just can't ask why.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2010, 03:26 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x77-69z28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im not really up on 71's. but if it was a big block car, wouldnt the heater hoses come out of the heater box like on the 67-69 camaro's? </div></div>

no

Old 07-10-2010, 01:01 PM

I agree [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2010, 06:58 PM

I have seen some origial Motion paperwork,and it seems that Joel didnt put an car specific infomaton on the paperwork.

There was no info like VIN number or plate number. The paper work looks like a Jiffy Lube recipt but instead of saying 5 quarts of oil and a filter $20 it says 454 engine and phase 3 package installed $10,000 with the owner's name phone number and he time he was told to come pick the completed car up. Thats all he did back then. Typically it listed a lot of individual items he was adding,but it wasnt done like some kind super formal process.The customer got the yellow copy of the 3 sheet carbon copy form and Joel kept the other.

The most identifyng info Joel might have on your car is a recipt that says &quot;Red Camaro&quot; with the owner's name and phone number. It is up to yo to prove that the red Camaro you are investigting actually belonged to the guy whose name is on the recipt.

I have some recipts for Motion parts that put on my car back in the 70's,and they both look like the exact same recipt that was given to a guy who had an entire $10,500 phase 3 conversion done.Thats to say that the recipt that came in the box with the $20 mirrored dashboard insert that somebody mail ordered for my car back in 1977 looks just like the paperwork for a $200,000 car.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:19 PM

The original owner must have had more money than brains. Who in their right mind would go out and have MOTION build a Phase III Camaro and pay probably close to $10,000.00. Then bring it home tear it apart to put the engine in a chevelle? It would have been alot cheaper to just buy the engine from Joel.
And it is true that stranger things have happened but I'm having a hard time buying into this one.
It may very well be a 71 SS but thats probably all it is at best.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:53 PM

The ad implies it was ordered by the dealer, used as promo, then sold to someone who wanted the motor. Sure would be great to see that &quot;carfax&quot;.

from PeeBait;

Question &amp; Answer

Q: are you kidding me? $18,000? It dont matter if this is a motion car or not, it is a freakin basket case, people like you are the reason that the market is the way it is now. Especially B/C the guy you bought it from didnt know what he had, and probably sold it to you for $800.

A: Thanks for your entertaining response, I can always use a laugh.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:25 AM

Car Fax? Car Fox? Car Flaps?
Sounds like a big fish to me.
The car was used as a dealer promo? Im suprised Marty or Joel havent chimed in on this unicorn. $12,900.00 Is too much for a car with absolutely NO PROOF!!!!!!!!!.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:23 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x Baldwin Motion</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ad implies it was ordered by the dealer, used as promo, then sold to someone who wanted the motor. Sure would be great to see that &quot;carfax&quot;.

from PeeBait;

Question &amp; Answer

Q: are you kidding me? $18,000? It dont matter if this is a motion car or not, it is a freakin basket case, people like you are the reason that the market is the way it is now. Especially B/C the guy you bought it from didnt know what he had, and probably sold it to you for $800.

A: Thanks for your entertaining response, I can always use a laugh.
</div></div>

I would have told that guy that it doesnt matter how bad the car is. If the car is in fact a documented B/M car,the VIN tag and chunk of firewall with the hidden VIN would be worth 20 grand alone. You are looking at a car that will be worth a quarter millon when the market turns around.