Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 09-03-2002, 01:44 AM

Default Re: 1967 Impala SS427 for sale........

Tom, the hood and the trunk molding are missing but are easily found. They both can be bought for $3000, the hood could pass for NOS and the insert has been rechromed, and the trunk molding has been restored. I wish I could afford them but I am not needing them as this car is not a keeper. I am just trying to keep from having to part it out and sending it to the crusher [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . This car could be parted out for a lot more than the $1200.00 that buys it.

One other thing, it does not have the F41 suspension, I thought all of the SS427 cars came with it but there is no rear sway bar, only has a rear panhard rod................RatPack........................ ..
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2002, 02:02 AM

3K is a good price for those items! I thought they would be more? F41 was an option, not standard but I think they all had the big front sway bar?
Old 09-03-2002, 02:04 AM

Was this car purchased recently in the P Forge area? I have a guy around here that was interested in a 67 SS resto car but it sold quickly.I will mention the car to him.

Steve
Old 09-03-2002, 02:08 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Troy,
I have an NOS Hood Moulding for the car and a Good A/C dash pad if anyone wants to add Air. Also know location of correct 2 bolt main short block, but it is expensive as the Corvette Guys Scoop them for their 1967 Tri-Powers.

I believe that the Heavy duty F-41 included stiffer Shocks and a larger diameter front sway bar but no rear sway bar. Tom, what is your recollection?

Can you post a Copy of the Build Sheet? Where was it found on the car?
Old 09-03-2002, 02:12 AM

Steve, I live about 35 miles from there but the car was only a few miles from my house. If you know someone who is seriously looking for one of these cars you better let him know as the response to this ad has been great! If he is close by he can inspect the car if he wishes........................RatPack............. ........

Everyone thanks for your emails and I will respond to them as quickly as possible. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2002, 02:21 AM

Stefano, I will email you off line about the molding if I do not sell the car. There are things that are specific to the <font color="red"> SS427 </font color> cars on the build sheet and with respect to the other <font color="red"> SS427 </font color> owners I prefer not to post it. I assume most people are honest [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but I do not like to help the dishonest [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ones make better bogus cars. I am not sure where the build sheet was located but looking at the condition of it I am thinking behind a door panel.....................RatPack...............
Old 09-03-2002, 03:48 AM

I understand ,and as usual was Curious as I have never been able to find a Big Car Build sheet. Not that I have had that many but a few have been in the drive way over the years [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2002, 12:29 PM

Stefano, check your email. I found out late last night that the build sheet was found underneath the hood insulation! That is one place I have never found one. Oh well there is always a first......................RatPack................ ..
Old 09-03-2002, 01:00 PM

Here are a few more pictures per some of your requests.............RatPack.....................

quarter panels.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2002, 01:01 PM

Thanked 3,868 Times in 1,000 Posts

T Billigen, yes I have seen Ron's car. It is likely one of the best around. There are few of these cars that I am unaware of as I have collected them for 25 years (no one else wanted them [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ) but occasionally I do run into unknowns. I just located one in California and one in my back yard, both unknowns and can be had reasonably cheap. I too am considering selling my second owner '67 SS427 to help finance a low mileage LS-6 Chevelle purchase but time will tell.

Rat_pack, did you list all the info on the cowl tag? One code is missing that is on most '67 cars excluding the Los Angeles cars. E-mail me if that code is on there and you chose not to post it on site.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations