Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-27-2009, 04:39 AM

Default carlisle camaros

i went to the show today.it was the smallest carlisle event i have ever been to.there was a building on the corner by the main entrance that used to be a car dealer,it was packed with the finest muscle around!!!!the supercar workshop had some cars there that were simply stunning.every car in the building was top notch.i couldnt get pics cause of battery problems but man if you have a chance to go that building was worth the trip.hopefully someone was there and got pics.there wasnt many vendors ect there and i actually got to park inside the gate,that was a first.the highlight of the show for me was sitting in mikes stunning original baldwin motion phase 3 car,im still dreaming/ my wife was on some meds that made it bad for her in the sun but all in all it was a great day.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-27-2009, 05:10 AM

Default Re: carlisle camaros

a few pictures posted here
Old 06-27-2009, 03:45 PM

Default Re: carlisle camaros

I went to the show with my wife and my oldest grand kid yesterday. The way the car were displayed in building G was brilliant. Reading about many of these cars in magazines or in forums is fun.

But seeing the car in person, including being able to look at a car up on the lift is just amazing. The attention to detail in these cars was awesome.

So the cars made up a huge part of our day. Yet the people who participated in whatever fashion, organized it, or brought their cars was really special.

A couple of examples I want to share. We spoke to a guy who trailered in a 69 Lemans Blue Yenko Camaro. He told us it was 999 miles to get there. Very friendly, and then he asked my grand kid if he would like to sit in the car. He didn't have to ask him twice and my grandkid was thrilled for the opportunity, because he knows a Yenko Camaro is something special.

Helen Gibb also invited us to sit in her car.

One of the Nova owners with his car on the lift, raised and lowered the lift to explain and point out different things. And spoke to us like we were old friends.

Brian Henderson spent about 10 minutes (or more), giving us almost like a private tour of a newly restored 67 Yenko Camaro. How he had the time or energy to do this was beyond me, because he was real busy. The owner of the car also saw it for the first time since it has been restored and the expression on his face was priceless.

It's hard for me to even get my head around the investment of time, money, and effort just to put this thing together and the people involved.

I apologize because I didn't get everyone's names. And my point to all of this is it really is about the realtionships and the people.

If I could sum it up in one word, it would be AMAZING!

You guys did a great job and thanks for sharing!

Elon