Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 03-16-2008, 12:37 AM

Default 67 chevelle convertible project

What you are looking at is a 67 Chevelle Convertible it is a 136 car but when I bought the car someone already cloned it into a SS car. The car was complete when I bought it. I disassembled the whole car and it was sandblasted to see where the problem areas were.
This is what has been done to the car so far. The trunk has been replaced. Both quarters are done with new inners and outer wheel wells on both sides. Full floor pans and center floor brace replaced. The cowl panel repaired and replaced. The car is on a body jig now with 95% of the underside completed. I have all the floors painted on the bottom just need to finish the underside over the rear axle. Which will most likely be completed in the next week? Then the body will be ready to go back onto the frame. I have all new body bushings for the frame.
Now onto the frame it was also sand blasted, painted with epoxy primer and a top coat of paint. All new control arm bushings and a complete front end kit were installed (ball joints top and bottom, inner and outer tie rods pitman arm and idler arm all new)! I also converted it over to disk brakes again all new and rebuilt calipers. All new brakes front and rear with new wheel cylinders! New fuel and brake lines front to rear. You get the idea everything is new or replaced on the frame.
Nothing was done the wrong way so far on this car. I have 2 really good doors, a NOS front left fender the SS hood which is in real good shape. The only thing I don’t have is a good passenger side fender. I have both fenders and doors that were on the car. I do have another good trunk lid for the car. The convertible top was put on by the previous owner and was new about 5 years ago which is in real good shape and needs a good cleaning. I have the interior that was in the car. The front seat may need a new spring section as the seat frame has some rust issues most likely from a leaky top at one time.
Now onto the drive train for the car, I have a 68 396 that came with the car out of a full size car don’t really know anything about the motor but it is about 90% complete. I also have the turbo 400 from that car and I was told it was rebuilt and has a new torque converter in the box. The only thing I don’t have is a drive shaft!
All the hard labor intensive work is done. I am looking to get 15,000 for everything! You can reach me on my cell phone at 518-301-1486 if interested in the car. No tire kickers please this is a project and still needs some work. I don’t need to sell it but just have too many projects going on to finish.
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 326612-0007.JPG
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-16-2008, 12:52 AM

Default Re: 67 chevelle convertible project

Frame picture

Divers side quarter

Floors completed

Old 03-16-2008, 02:19 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,603 Times in 494 Posts

I have seen this car in person and the work Jason has done....a lot of time and effort went into this project. His workmanship is excellent...just look at his 68 Nova L78 car ....Very good value considering the labor and parts involved...the driveline he is including is a bonus in my opinion.

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 03-25-2008, 04:04 AM

The car will be on the frame this weekend. I just finished up the bottom side of the car. Floors have a coat of black sealer and I just installed a brand new heater core and firewall pad tonight.