Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-17-2002, 11:51 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: More Supercars at Auction

That's the car!..BKH
Old 01-17-2002, 07:12 PM

Please be advised that the use of "Mr. Motion" in your statements means that I am involved in your quotes. Iam not Mr. Joel Rosen and any reference with my Username to him using the words "Mr. Motion" in this forum is not correct. Thankyou
Old 01-18-2002, 05:17 AM

Thanked 1,947 Times in 499 Posts

If the car was in Minnesota when the nice fellow in the wheelchair (also named Tom I think)owned it, I appraised it back in the summer of '93 when it was a fresh restoration. No sidepipes (yuck!) then, and wearing repro redline tires. It was a very nice car. Vince wouldn't document it for the owner, as he had somehow gotten on his bad side (Vince wanted the car and got left out in the cold, I think?). It did have some paperwork and owner history available at that time. I'm surprised its still wearing Rallys, as the owner then had found out it probably had 5 spoke mags originally. He had found a real Yenko hood for the restoration, but it fit very poorly, with more arc in the middle than most '69/'70 Shelby Mustangs. Neat car, beautiful color. The other thing I remember about the deal was that the owner of the car was still fuming over losing out on the Yellow Phase III Motion Corvette that had surfaced at that time. He claimed that he had found the car, and called Joel R. to verify the car, but wouldn't. He went on to say that Joel R. then contacted the owner of the Vette, made an offer, and told the seller that that was the best offer he was going to get, as it would never be authenticated for anyone else. This is all heresay, of course, but the guy really didn't have any reason to tell me a story. And a month or two later, PHR had a blurb about how Motion Performance's proprietor "found" his long-sold Phase III Vette after much searching.....

[Edited by tom406 (01-18-2002 at 12:17 AM).]
Old 01-18-2002, 05:20 AM

D'oh!! I forgot your username in my coy attempts to avoid libelous statements based on decade old car gossip. I'm very sorry for the confusion and have since edited the post to avoid confusion.
Old 01-19-2002, 01:55 AM

tom406

Thankyou again for your time and attention. Your article was also interesting reading.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:19 AM

Default 67 Yenko YS725 Deepwater Blue Jay Kline

It sounds like YS725 is on the market again. Besides this old thread (from 2002!) I found pictures of when I first looked at the car-it was the first Yenko Camaro I saw up close. This is right after it was restored for second owner Tom Gindorff (in wheelchair).. It was 1993 in Minneapolis, just before I got married and moved to Seattle. Coincidentally, I found myself in the bar line at Barrett Jackson last month and there was a guy in front of me with a Yenko themed coat on. I asked if he had any Yenkos, and he said he'd owned a number of them, including a Deepwater Blue '67. I told him the first one I'd seen was Deepwater Blue, owned by a guy named Tom who was in a wheelchair. Turns out this guy in front of me was Mr. Gene Schmidt, and he had restored the car for Tom after his was done back then even though he didn't really restore cars for other people (due to Tom's enthusiasm and his disability). What a small world! Its a neat car-somebody buy it! (and no offense, please take those side pipes off, please? I'm still not a fan, but I am a little more tactful than I was 15 years ago lol)
Attached Images

Last edited by tom406; 02-15-2018 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:46 PM

Thanked 1,560 Times in 814 Posts

Man, I love that color.
2013 Corvette Grand Sport 60th Anniversary
-Delivered to Bill Jacobs Chevrolet, Joliet, IL
NCRS#66003

“Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don’t.”-Pete Seeger

http://dykstramotorsports.weebly.com/index.html
The Following User Says Thank You to dykstra For This Useful Post:
rrover (02-16-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 03:18 AM

I worked for Bob Harris of Camaro Specialties when we "re" restored that car in I believe 2008.
Attached Images