Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Events > Supercar Reunion

Old 09-07-2009, 09:50 PM

Default Re: SCR XII Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A great time had by all the IA. group. Although I have two kinda hobbling around from the "go cart event". I think next year I'll bring along one of Donahue fires EMTs to patch up the wounded.
Good to see everyone again. Nice to visit with the best restoration folks in the business, and see the best of the best. I especially enjoyed seeing the RG 69 L78 survivor thay Jason brought. Us Nova people were all over it.
Thanks to Tom for letting Mitch run the "Turtle Racing" truck. He had a blast.
And a big thumbs up on the overhaul at the Double tree. The place is much better than it was before.
Thanks to Tom and crew for another great SCR.. We'll see you in Nov. at the MCACN.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:33 PM

Before time gets away from me, I gotta throw a big *THANK YOU* out to all the folks who helped with this year's SCR...Becky, Schonye, Rick, Annie, Don, Judy, Vicki, Cumby, Ashton, the SCW crew, Johnny Kat, the Nickey-Chicago folks, ARS videos, McClurg, the sYc members who keep this going year after year, all of y'all that came through the gate and snapped pictures or just extended a hand of friendship, all of the car owners, definitely our sponsors, and probably a half-gabillion other people I'm forgetting. I tell folks, that the SCR is possible because of the SUPERB members who help pitch in year after year, and it's as true this year as ever.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Rob, the SCR is the highlight of my year, and every year I seem to have more fun than the year before.
I hope to see all of you again next year.
Andy

COPO 9561/9737 M40 X11D80
13.37 @ 105.50 on pump gas,drove it to NATL TRAILS and back [email protected] SCR22
Old 09-08-2009, 04:57 AM

Thanks everyone! Great to see everybody - had a great time this year as always!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
half-gabillion

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what comes after trillion? Don't tell the Government!

As always it's a true pleasure to be associated with this group of people. As I think back over the past few years I can't help but wonder at how much I would have missed if I hadn't attended my first Fred Gibb Show. That's where I first met Barnhart, Howie, Schonye, the Lionbergers, the Gibb family and Dennis Hartweg. Those folks led me to this event, this site, and to some friendships I treasure daily. The list of people I now proudly call friends is far too long to post here for fear of forgetting someone, and I certainly don't want to slight anyone.

Thank You to everyone who participated in SCR12, to the members I've had the pleasure to meet through this site and to the Clarys and everyone who is responsible for building and maintaining the BEST DAMNED SITE on the net!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:06 AM

As usual head a great time. Its great to see all the cars and people again. As for the Cordia Nova, it had a massive transmission failure at about 100 MPH. The car made quite a noise and started to shake a good bit. I just coasted through the traps and the slower I got the worst it got. The car was pulling very strong when the failure occurred forcing me to coast at 3/4 track. I was still rolling at 95 MPH at the end. The car will be fixed with a rebuilt transmission and be back at the track. Tony told us if we broke it, we would just fix it...So, we will fix it...BKH
Old 09-08-2009, 05:24 AM

Give you guys alot of credit for running those rare cars! You even lean on them a little! The novas are really gaining ground lately.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:21 PM

Thanked 5,369 Times in 1,882 Posts

Wow! So that's the car with the weird underside pics?

Holy cow!