Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 04-06-2009, 08:54 PM

Default Re: What is wrong with the media??

[ QUOTE ]
This boy should head back to his favorite gay bar and suck down a few stiff ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

1970 Yenko Deuce, YS-84
1972 Nova SS
1987 Grand National
Old 04-06-2009, 09:33 PM

Here's a letter to the editor from yesterday's Kansas City Star:

"It’s never been more apparent to me that the demise of the auto giant General Motors was caused by its executives’ failure to lead. All the while, the auto industry continued to bring to the public what they thought we needed in an automobile when it should have been the leader in providing an education and commitment to the future of ourselves and this planet.

It’s a wake-up call for all automobile manufacturers. They must be efficient and provide stewardship to the naïve public as to what transportation products should be. Quality without quantity, efficiency without gadgetry, and keeping our energy needs green and sustainable. It should come at an expense to both the executive and worker in compensation. No more rewarding poor stewardship.

There is plenty of demand for automobiles. The public just needs to be educated or coerced into making good decisions as to quality, fuel-efficiency and planet-saving choices. The new auto manufacturer needs to be the leader in teaching the public how to use transportation with these ideas in mind."

The emphasis is mine. I don't know how anyone else feels, but it scares the @#!% out of me to realize that there are lots of people in this country who feel same way as this loon.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:51 PM

The problem with most of these guys is they have never got a chest ripping adrenaline rush out of having your pony go sideways at 80+. The closest they can get is some poser video game and a couch. Ask some of the supercross or "X" game guys, downhill ski racers, I bet they love the Camaro, or the surfer on the Red Bull commercials.

This guy that talks about his useless Nova seems to forget that back when that Nova was built there were only 3 channels on the TV and the 8 track was cutting tech. Real deep thinkers, yup were in trouble!!

Old 04-06-2009, 10:09 PM

I don't understand why everybody is so fired up over this..like it's the first time they've ever read something that contradicts their own beliefs/interests. It's just one single lousy article out there that's never going to have a positive/negative impact on anything or any of us. Move on
JMO
Steve

Steve
68 SS427 Custom Coupe 427/385/M21/3:73
68 Impala Custom Coupe 427/425/M21/3:73
68 Biscayne 2 Door 250/3 speed
68 Caprice Estate
68 Camaro SS396 4 speed
Old 04-06-2009, 10:25 PM

Now guys dont be so hard on the fell'a remember this is where he is coming from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqPMJFaEdY
Old 04-06-2009, 10:26 PM

Steve,

It's crazy guys like this that are steering the opinions of the young people in this country. Unless alternate opinions are expressed Guys like Mark have a greater influence than they should. If we remain silent on these issues the only opinions that will be heard are those of guys like Mark.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:48 PM

I guess there's a chance of that. I just didn't feel like this guy had enough exposure from where he is, to change anybody's opinions really. I just read it again and it surely doesn't change mine!
Steve

Steve
68 SS427 Custom Coupe 427/385/M21/3:73
68 Impala Custom Coupe 427/425/M21/3:73
68 Biscayne 2 Door 250/3 speed
68 Caprice Estate
68 Camaro SS396 4 speed
Old 04-06-2009, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now guys dont be so hard on the fell'a remember this is where he is coming from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqPMJFaEdY

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey there's Charlie's Egg Car's cousin!!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:34 AM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

CNN likes it....

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/auto...oney_topstories
Old 04-07-2009, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Steve,

It's crazy guys like this that are steering the opinions of the young people in this country. Unless alternate opinions are expressed Guys like Mark have a greater influence than they should. If we remain silent on these issues the only opinions that will be heard are those of guys like Mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It's deeper than this guy just trash talking the Camaro. You could go through the article and replace the word "Camaro" with "Purple Lawnmower", because the subject is really irrelevant. The real point of this article is that the public at large, including, obviously, all of us car guys, are too stupid to make "earth friendly" decisions, therefore, it's up to the more "enlightened" among us to guide the rest of us into the "correct" way of thinking. That's the kind of thinking that ends with all the neat old (and even some new) cars being stuck in a crusher, or having their engines removed and becoming static museum display pieces, never to move again. I don't care if this toolbox doesn't like the new Camaro. I do care that he's perpetuating the idea that I'm too dumb to think for myself.