Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Day 2 stuff-modified cars

Old 07-19-2017, 11:42 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

nice!

Tommy
Old 07-23-2017, 10:46 PM

Looking good Graeme! Glad you found a Lakewood bar, they're getting to obtain as you well know. please keep this thread alive!!!!
Old 07-24-2017, 12:40 AM

Thanked 3,398 Times in 1,241 Posts

Roger that Dave

Next up, I need to find some original Cragar SS rims. Anyone have a nice set of 15" wheels available? I'd like to find 8's and 4.5" wheels in show condition.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:38 PM

Recently picked up this SST-90 NOS Tach from another member here and sent it down to Ron at Williamson's Instruments to have it converted. The EB-9A was converted and wires like normal, but now has digital internals that don't require calibrating or servicing (no internal batteries). Not sure which car it'll be used in just yet, but it'll go into one of them.

Last edited by NorCam; 09-01-2017 at 10:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCam For This Useful Post:
Peter426 (10-20-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
Roger that Dave

Next up, I need to find some original Cragar SS rims. Anyone have a nice set of 15" wheels available? I'd like to find 8's and 4.5" wheels in show condition.
Somebody was nice enough to hook me up with these NOS 15" x 8" Cragars.

Now I just need to find some minty 15" fronts to match these?
Old 09-03-2017, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Recently picked up this SST-90 NOS Tach from another member here and sent it down to Ron at Williamson's Instruments to have it converted. The EB-9A was converted and wires like normal, but now has digital internals that don't require calibrating or servicing (no internal batteries). Not sure which car it'll be used in just yet, but it'll go into one of them.

Let me know how their work turns out, please! I've been thinking of having them convert a Sun Blue Line temperature gauge to mechanical for me.

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!
Old 09-04-2017, 04:36 PM

Will do. I can tell you that Ron Belisle was excellent to deal with.

Over the winter months I'll get it installed and connected to this vintage Mallory ignition kit I just picked up. These parts are now being sent out for restoration work and will help complete a vintage ignition kit for the DZ 302 in the Camaro. I really like this Rev Pol Switch for the dash and trust it'll add a cool vibe mounted next to the sun gauges under the dash. It's slowly coming together nicely thanks to some fellow collectors here on sYc.

Peter426 (10-20-2017)
Old 09-04-2017, 08:21 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,487 Times in 609 Posts

Nice addition. I actually picked up a Mallory Double Life and its in the process of being shipped.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:14 PM

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,579 Posts

Quote:
Will do. I can tell you that Ron Belisle was excellent to deal with.

Over the winter months I'll get it installed and connected to this vintage Mallory ignition kit I just picked up. These parts are now being sent out for restoration work and will help complete a vintage ignition kit for the DZ 302 in the Camaro. I really like this Rev Pol Switch for the dash and trust it'll add a cool vibe mounted next to the sun gauges under the dash. It's slowly coming together nicely thanks to some fellow collectors here on sYc.

----Im not familiar with the Rev Pol. Can you elaborate on the switches function?........Bill S
The Following User Says Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
Peter426 (10-20-2017)
Old 09-04-2017, 11:59 PM

I'm not entirely sure...but have read that these were the predecessor to the Mallory dual point and that the Rev Pol switch reverses the polarity to give you a higher intensity spark. I know that it uses a special coil which is like 2 coils in one and functions as noted below. Jim Linder from Bubba's Ignition is going to rebuild this one for me and says they are really cool setups! He rebuilds & restores them down to stock, or can also convert them using one of two available Pertronix kits for Mallory's. I might try it stock and if I don't like it I can always convert it later.

Found this in an old Yenko thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67BobcatGTO View Post
Ok well I finally had some time to dig through my literature and found sales lit on the "NEW" Rev-Pol models.

It states this:

The Rev-Pol ignition system changes the direct current to alternating current, which produces a complete reversal of the polarity of the core of the transformer, which in turn produces a long magnetic wave inducing a spark of long duration and of high value every time the contact point open and close. The contact life is twice as long, the rubbing block life is twice as long as in the conventional system. The system will operate any motor to speeds far above the conventional system on less current.

It also states the Rev-Pol distributor uses a 4-lobe cam with two circuit breakers for the 8 Cylinder and a 3-lobe cam for the 6 cylinder distributor, giving unlimited RPM with no breaker bounce.

-Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67BobcatGTO View Post
Another doc talks about the new 10,000 RPM high performance ignition system. It reads: the NEW street-strip performance switch lets you control current from the dash.

Complete Rev-Pol igntition system produces more voltage faster than any existing conventional battery ignition. Extra hot long duration spark gives top performance at every speed with higher RPM's.

The Rev-Pol distributor is hi-performance advance curved for maximum ignition output throughout the RPM range. Special dual points eliminate float and bounce.

The Rev-Pol Transformer changes direct current to alternating current and reverses polarity of transformer core to produce a long duration and high value "magneto action" spark.

The NEW Street/Strip switch lets you increase the primary current from the dash whenever extra-hi-performance is needed.

-Mike

Last edited by NorCam; 09-05-2017 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Found another thread on this topic
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCam For This Useful Post:
big gear head (09-05-2017)