Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 06-05-2014, 12:50 AM

Default Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just received my letter, I do not know whether to laugh or cry [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

6/23/69, Dealer code 1, Zone 79 (Hawaii), Dealer Name: GM overseas Distribution

Now what the heck am I supposed to do with that!

I bought the car in north NJ in 82 and it had a Seton Hall University sticker on the window. This car really traveled! LA to Hawaii to NJ!!! </div></div>

Have you discovered anything conclusive? I have the same dealer code/zone for my 1971 Z28. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2014, 01:32 AM

I received my report Monday, good news/bad news. Found out the car was built on 4/23/69 (a Wednesday):-). It was sold at DeLong in San Rafael CA. Bad news is they are out of business and I live 30 minutes from there. I've had the car since
1986, had I known there were the selling dealer I may have had some luck with paperwork. Guy I bought it from thought the original owner from from SF, so those were the dealers I tried. Car has spent it's entire existence in the SF area. Born in LA, then sent north. At least I know what license plate frame to get.

Ken
Old 06-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,144 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roeville</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just received my letter, I do not know whether to laugh or cry [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

6/23/69, Dealer code 1, Zone 79 (Hawaii), Dealer Name: GM overseas Distribution

Now what the heck am I supposed to do with that!

I bought the car in north NJ in 82 and it had a Seton Hall University sticker on the window. This car really traveled! LA to Hawaii to NJ!!! </div></div>

Have you discovered anything conclusive? I have the same dealer code/zone for my 1971 Z28. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img] </div></div>

Some distribution codes likebthis were used to process orders for military personnel stationed overseas without cars ever actually leaving mainland US, was that 'Vette we looked at here a year or three ago Zone 79 too?
Again it seems the NCRS reports are being gleaned from info recorded of who was billed for the cars also the MSO's sent to so the shipping info may sometimes differ?
Back to these Zone 79 cars, it wouldn't be surprising to find they were ordered by military personnel stationed overseas so feel proud also good luck if you dig into this possibility also finding whoever may have ordered them!
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]
~ Pete

Old 06-05-2014, 02:20 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was sold at DeLong in San Rafael CA. At least I know what license plate frame to get.

Ken </div></div>

Ken, this guy has your frame and is in Pleasanton.
http://www.calicenseplates.com/chevr...s-listing.html
Old 06-05-2014, 03:30 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWCamaro69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my report today. My 69 RSZ was delivered to Harbor Chevrolet in Long Beach, CA. It is still in business! Think there is any chance they have 45 year old records? </div></div>

Their newspaper ads are on newspaperarchive.com If you want to PM me the end of your vin, I can check the ones I jotted down and see if yours was one of them. (I went through all their ads on that site)
Old 06-05-2014, 05:27 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tarrytown SS427s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pleased to learn today that my 66 Chevy II SS sold through Robert in Hicksville LI. Excellent service, and really hope it will be available for fullsize cars someday. </div></div>
I believe Robert Chevrolet is still in business.
11 cts-v black diamond edition wagon 556hp GONE
15 camaro Z/28 white AC brand new
Old 06-05-2014, 07:27 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TAR6569</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWCamaro69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my report today. My 69 RSZ was delivered to Harbor Chevrolet in Long Beach, CA. It is still in business! Think there is any chance they have 45 year old records? </div></div>

Their newspaper ads are on newspaperarchive.com If you want to PM me the end of your vin, I can check the ones I jotted down and see if yours was one of them. (I went through all their ads on that site) </div></div>

Dana / Warren,
Those VIN's should already be listed on the CRG orphan lists.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to DWCamaro69

Steve, Thank you for the information. It would be great if they had anything. I am going to call them today.

Warren/Kurt, My VIN is L519638. Not on the CRG orphan list. Thanks for information.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:52 PM

I too received a no records found on a late production 69 Z/28 9N701--9 . ..
Roy sent me back a message stating he IS NO LONGER AFFILIATED with the program...but they are reviewing records as they may have missed some.... re-apply in a few weeks....?
Old 06-06-2014, 09:15 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daytwo69Z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I too received a no records found on a late production 69 Z/28 9N701--9 . ..
Roy sent me back a message stating he IS NO LONGER AFFILIATED with the program...but they are reviewing records as they may have missed some.... re-apply in a few weeks....? </div></div>
Wow! What happened there? Was Roy supposed to get this up and running and then let others take over? This is an outstanding service and hats off to Roy!
11 cts-v black diamond edition wagon 556hp GONE
15 camaro Z/28 white AC brand new