Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Ebay & other seen ads section

Please note

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2017, 02:12 PM

Thanked 1,382 Times in 671 Posts

I work for a bank and although I'm no longer in the BSA area (Bank Secrecy Act - look it up), I know there are a lot of strange rules regarding the w/d and deposit of cash these days. Honestly, it's not the banks, it's the government. Banks couldn't care less how you do your banking, but the govt does. Seriously, as long as you pay your bills, banks couldn't give a flying kite what you do with your money. Blame the govt, and drug dealers and terrorists for these asinine rules.

As an aside, there is a wealthy guy here in my town who comes in once a week who withdraws $10,001 and comes back later in the week who deposits the money back into his account just to p!$$ off the govt bank examiners who have to review this stuff after we report it.

Honestly, sometimes it works to catch the bad guys, but most of the time it's just a PITA for law abiding citizens who deal with lots of cash. Plus, it's a great tool for the IRS to track your income for tax-tracking purposes. Another reason why I favor a national sales tax instead of an income tax, but that's a different discussion.
John 10:30